Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM,
Cutting the exhaust
Has anyone just chopped the OEM exhaust? I was think of just cutting off the back part where te baffles and stuff are. I figured it would give it that short shot look. I'm just not sure if it will harm the bike in anyway.
03-27-2013, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 04:11 AM by Mr RCOM.)
RE: Cutting the exhaust
DO IT DO IT DO IT!

yeah either straight cut the mufflers or maybe cut them diagonally and pull out all the baffles. Also maybe mask off the outside and paint the insides black just with some hi temp grill paint.

If you have the AIS system still installed on your ride you'll probly get a popping sound when you decelerate while in gear. Personally I think its very annoying lol

Also just with this exhaust mod I'm pretty sure you dont need to mess with your carbs or efi.

Oh yeah... I didn't chop mine per say... just removed the mufflers completely and reused the head pipes to make drag style pipes
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-27-2013, 05:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 05:56 AM by rudyjoe.)
I pulled out that last stage baffle and it looks stock but sounds really pretty good just like that. throaty, yet mello when i ease off. There are vids on youtube that show how to do that straight or angle cut off and some on how it sounds after. look them up. good luck!

as you can see: its a 2007 cherry red v star 650 stock pipes...modified
"Cruising a 2007 six5zero V'Star Classic in the city of Lost Angels"
03-27-2013, 06:08 AM,
Re: Cutting the exhaust
You could drill it a out with hole saw. Search YouTube you will find a couple of instruction video on how to do it. It takes 2 minutes and you don't need to unbolt anything. It will give you a good sound while accelerating and a non obtrusive rumble while cruising & @ idle

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
03-27-2013, 06:19 AM,
Cutting the exhaust
I took a look at the exhaust last night. I saw there was a clamp that holds the last part of the exhaust on. I think I'm gonna just try and get them loose and see how it sounds.
03-27-2013, 02:51 PM,
It'll be loud as f@#k! Haha before I finished my exhaust project I tried just running with only the head pipes. Yeah old people will hate you
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-27-2013, 06:27 PM,
Cutting the exhaust
Old people can hate me all they want. Maybe it will help them not try and run me over! I have to be more concerned with the wife. It may mean pushing my bike down the street in the mornings before starting it.
03-28-2013, 12:15 AM,
Haha! I do that. Also I when I'm riding home ill shut it down and coast into the driveway when I'm a few houses down. I like my loud exhaust but I try to keep it quiet when I'm in my neighborhood.
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM,
ha ha Mr RCOM, it's o.k to piss off the rest of the world, but don't upset the neighbors, lol.
years ago I lived in a share house: 2 of the blokes didn't get on so "Blacky" would push his bike (Kawasaki Z900) out of the garage, back it up to 'Reno's' window and fire it up give it a few revs and take off.
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
03-28-2013, 09:18 AM,
Yup! That's right and its only cause I live next to them.

A guy moved in kitty corner from my house and got this nice Harley... he saw me working on my star to show it off and to laugh at my import. He'd ALWAYS be reving up and flying up and down our street and the neighbors on both sides of me mentioned how annoying it was that he did it... I don't wanna be the annoying guy I guess.

Not to long later he crashed really bad... bikes gone and he's in a wheelchair. Its a shame
LoLrcycle rider Cool
04-04-2013, 11:41 PM,
What did u do about the o2 sensor with the dual pipes? I was gonna do the same thing but not sure how to relocate the sensor....
04-05-2013, 12:22 AM,
That's the problem with the fuel injection... my carburated bike doesn't have em.

You'd either that to encorporate the section with the sensor or get a nut that fits the threaded portion of the sensor and either weld or hi temp epoxy it to the pipe
LoLrcycle rider Cool
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM,
Re: Cutting the exhaust
Do it fast or will come with my samurai sword to chop the exhausts. :D
04-05-2013, 02:38 PM,
Oh Austin
LoLrcycle rider Cool
04-05-2013, 08:07 PM,
Cutting the exhaust
You will cut my exhaust with a sword? I'd like to see that. I tried to just take the bolts off that hold the hole back part of the exhaust on but they are rusted and I'm limited on tools so I have to find a drill