Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
04-18-2012, 11:57 PM,
Give us feedback!
As we continue to grow this community we want to hear your feedback. Tell us what you like, don't like, would like to see added, and so on. We can't make this a better VStar forum without our members input! Feel free to leave your input here or make a new thread!
04-22-2012, 12:28 AM,
RE: Give us feedback!
Liking it so far...anyway we can have a signature for our own blogs and sites?
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM,
(04-22-2012, 12:28 AM)MarkMike Wrote: Liking it so far...anyway we can have a signature for our own blogs and sites?

Your able to have a signature. You can edit it under User CP and it will be reflected on any posts you make after your signature is updated.
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM,
Glad I found this place! What will the prizes and contest stuff be and begin?

How does one become a moderator here? I love moderating and am a moderator at some other
message boards!
08-07-2012, 12:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM by Matt.)
I just added a thread about contests, so feel free to jump in and discuss that. As far as becoming a moderator goes show good knowledge, respect, and once the board keeps growing we'll be asking several people. Any references from other message boards can't hurt either, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for asking! :)
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM,
Will you guys be working with a Yamaha Dealer and setting up some sort of discount for us to get parts thru them? I've seen other sites do that. Nice to work with a dealer you can trust and for us to get a discount on parts.
09-09-2012, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 06:56 AM by jmck.)
Well I am a week in, and I feel like I've been like a rash all over this forum, so I guess I like it.
I love that I can get access on my phone through Tapatalk (android App), you guys should promote that more.
I think the main thing that makes a forum is the people in it
Well Done guys
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM,
Thanks for the great feedback. Tracker that is a good goal. Jmck great point on tappa talk. We do need to promote that more. Glad you're posting a lot. Keep it up.
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM by 2stroketim.)
Things that could be changed?

Less ads.

Change background to white, with black text. It makes it much easier to read.

All around, try to "clean up" the appearance of the page; it seems like there is A LOT going on at the top of the pages.

WHITE BACKGROUND WITH BLACK TEXT.

This white text on black is freakin killing the orbital viewers....
09-13-2012, 12:53 AM,
Providing members location in the members info box(member info, stats area). Information entered in the users CP area so that whenever you post, your location shows. Nice to see where everyone is from and can encourage meetups for those who live fairly close or maybe in the area for roadtrips. You can also put in in the signature area like I did, but would seem better as a default in the member info area.
mrmercator
2007 VStar Classic
Mountlake Terrace / Seattle, WA
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM,
Thanks for all the feedback, and keep it coming. We'll probably be doing some polls to see what people prefer in terms of settings and what not. Once again, thanks and keep it coming everyone. The better we make it for everyone the more everyone benefits.
09-13-2012, 07:03 PM,
Great so far growing fast.i use my droid alot .only problem. i have is the red banner that keeps wanting me to join covers up the long in.i hope we get alot of folks in and start some kewl things.we love our stars
live life full throttle....2008 vstar custom.
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM,
Wow there are a ton of ads on the pages....in between every post? I dig why, but holy advertisements Batman....

Also, there seems to be a TON of separate forums. Maybe a TECH, GENERAL, PICS, and sticky the Feedback to the top.

There are 26(!) different sub forums....Maint/Exhaust/Wheels could all but put into the same Tech forum.

Some of them only have 2 or 3 threads. Combining them may make the interface a little easier to use....

And a WHITE background.......I can't be the only dude who is having a hard time with the black....
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM,
Thanks again. Life has been busy for the admins, and we do appreciate the forum, after all the forum really belongs to the members. We'll definitely look into these suggestions. The ads thing is weird, as I don't get that many, maybe it is only viewing it on the phone? But once again, thanks and keep them coming. We'll be testing new things soon, just a matter of time, life work, riding, etc.
09-14-2012, 11:32 AM,
Re: RE: Give us feedback!
(09-14-2012, 11:14 AM)2stroketim Wrote: Wow there are a ton of ads on the pages....in between every post? I dig why, but holy advertisements Batman....

Also, there seems to be a TON of separate forums. Maybe a TECH, GENERAL, PICS, and sticky the Feedback to the top.

There are 26(!) different sub forums....Maint/Exhaust/Wheels could all but put into the same Tech forum.

Some of them only have 2 or 3 threads. Combining them may make the interface a little easier to use....

And a WHITE background.......I can't be the only dude who is having a hard time with the black....

Some good points there, I get lost in all the different sub forums . And black on white pleas

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool