Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM,
"Web Page Expired"
Hi

I have been getting about a 50% error message where I type in, and try to post. Page goes to a large white page saying to contact web admin, or refresh, etc. Doesn't help, I have to type all over again, and try to send again.
Sometimes it will go through, but when it doesn't I have retyped up to 4 times and tried to resend.
Doesn't happen on other forums I belong to, ie: Dodge Forum, Archery Forum,
Not sure why, any ideas?
If this does the same thing, I will get exact info from page and resend and let you know.
Thanks,
Richie
2012 1300 T Highway Bars, Passing Lights, Passenger Floor Boards, K&N Filter, LED Brake light module, Power Point, Ram Mount GPS, Mustang Vintage Seats, Luggage Rack, Bucks Lowers, Screaming Banshee Horn, LED Fogs, Volt Gauge, Saddle Bag Guards, Radiator Cover, Boss Bags trunk, Kurykin Longhorn pegs
05-06-2013, 04:19 PM,
RE: "Web Page Expired"
Yes, please give me as much information as possible. I personally haven't experienced this but would still like to figure out what is going on. Screenshots would be awesome.

What kind of internet service do you have?
05-06-2013, 06:35 PM,
Has anyone else had this issue?
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM,
(05-06-2013, 04:19 PM)Jason Wrote: Yes, please give me as much information as possible. I personally haven't experienced this but would still like to figure out what is going on. Screenshots would be awesome.

What kind of internet service do you have?
Verizon Fios fiber optic 50000 up and down average 45down 36 up
I will get more details, as it will happen again.
Thanks
2012 1300 T Highway Bars, Passing Lights, Passenger Floor Boards, K&N Filter, LED Brake light module, Power Point, Ram Mount GPS, Mustang Vintage Seats, Luggage Rack, Bucks Lowers, Screaming Banshee Horn, LED Fogs, Volt Gauge, Saddle Bag Guards, Radiator Cover, Boss Bags trunk, Kurykin Longhorn pegs
05-06-2013, 06:46 PM,
'nough said about the internet service...pretty solid.

It very much could be the server the site is hosted on but I'd like to find out if there are others with the same issue.
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM,
6th try to send you the info, if this gets through I will be amazed. Not going to add errors, I have typed them 6 times in 2 days and keep getting error page
05-06-2013, 09:17 PM,
"Web Page Expired"
Sorry it's happening. Can you try clearing your cache and cookies? If your not sure how let me know.
05-06-2013, 09:18 PM,
"Web Page Expired"
Also, can anyone else confirm or deny that this is happening to them as well?
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM,
When I post a message it goes through, but the circle do-dad that appears on the page to let you know it's loading, will stay until I click another post. For me, the problem seems to be the format. I can't see the very far right of the message. It disappears behind the side bar on the page. I have a 19" monitor so if you formatted the forum to fit a larger monitor that would explain it.
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM,
Hmm...that's definitely an issue I want to fix as well. I have known about an issue when viewing the site on a table and phone that causes the same issue. Not much usability when you can't view the whole thread! Would you be using Internet Explorer by chance?
05-06-2013, 10:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 10:23 PM by jhennly.)
(05-06-2013, 10:12 PM)Jason Wrote: Hmm...that's definitely an issue I want to fix as well. I have known about an issue when viewing the site on a table and phone that causes the same issue. Not much usability when you can't view the whole thread! Would you be using Internet Explorer by chance?

Yep, Internet Explorer it is. Do you think a different browser like Google Chrome would make that difference? Sometimes, not always I get a message that states, "stack overflow at line 1822".
05-06-2013, 10:26 PM,
Ya I do think you'll encounter less issues with Chrome and Firefox. Either way, it's an issue I need to correct...just not sure how yet.
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013, 10:39 PM by jhennly.)
(05-06-2013, 10:26 PM)Jason Wrote: Ya I do think you'll encounter less issues with Chrome and Firefox. Either way, it's an issue I need to correct...just not sure how yet.
OK, I logged back on with Chrome. The message/table issue is still there, let's see how easily this post goes.

OK, posted up without a problem. No error, or loading issues with Google Chrome, just have the shortened post width.
05-06-2013, 10:40 PM,
Hmm...well I'm thinking it may be time to do a few major upgrades...I'll start working on those and hopefully these issues won't last much longer!
05-07-2013, 12:42 AM,
@jhennly thanks for the info @Jason great work man! LMK if I can help! I have a hammer.