Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
06-03-2013, 10:05 PM,
What do you do for a living?
Not sure if this has been a topic before but thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does for a living. I'll start by saying I'm an Information Technology guy. Been an IT consultant for some of the biggest banks in the US but currently do professional web development for a local company. I'm a computer science programmer who loves to ride.
2007 v star 650 Classic, raven with ghost flames
06-03-2013, 11:12 PM,
RE: What do you do for a living?
i work at an airport. clean planes, fuel them, unload/offload cargo... at my last airport gig i used to help disasemble L-39s, MiGs, and SU-22s. that was pretty cool
LoLrcycle rider Cool
06-03-2013, 11:27 PM,
I am in construction, office job Building Estimator
@jason, @matt @linden
maybe rsmed1 could help with getting the news letter of the ground, if we have any issues
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
06-04-2013, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 06:40 AM by rudyjoe.)
I'm the guy you call to repair your slave driven home appliances that you take for granted! ha
FYI - i don't do out of country house calls...
ok i will but you pay the airfare....uh
didn't think so!

ask me if you ever need advice.... its *free!

* free meaning its gonna cost you kinda free. - all in fun Biggrin
"Cruising a 2007 six5zero V'Star Classic in the city of Lost Angels"
06-04-2013, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 10:46 AM by Linden.)
Air Traffic Controller for the United States Navy. Basically I handle more lives in a day then a brain surgeon in his career! (Movie reference) I also dabble in web development/coding using html, css, java, php lightly but I'm not expert just support my own sites and buisness

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I bet @jmck that @rsmed1 cOuld through together by hand a much better html newsletter then I. I simply used a template then manipulated the code to work more for what we need

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
06-04-2013, 11:52 AM,
I'm in IT (information technology) too. I manage programmers and write program code for about 250 hospitals across this great ole US of A. Believe me when I say it's a challenge to keep up with the governmental regulations that come from those.... well I won't get into that.
2008 Yamaha 1100 Classic
Pure stock cause totally mechanically challenged Confused
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM,
I'm a bouncer at a night club.

And when I say "bouncer" I mean "greeter".

And when I say "night club" I mean "Wal-mart".
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM,
Book Keeper and computer contact/support for the facility.
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM,
Marketing.
06-04-2013, 05:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013, 08:48 PM by DocLubo.)
Well right now I am Service Manager for a Swimming Pool Construction and Service Company.
Worked in Commercial Heating, Venting & AC ,(HVAC), for almost 30 years.
Prior to that US Air Cav from 69 to 75
Now I am wanting to retire and ride a lot, but probably gonna' have to work a lot longer 8-(
Doc
2012 1300 T Highway Bars, Passing Lights, Passenger Floor Boards, K&N Filter, LED Brake light module, Power Point, Ram Mount GPS, Mustang Vintage Seats, Luggage Rack, Bucks Lowers, Screaming Banshee Horn, LED Fogs, Volt Gauge, Saddle Bag Guards, Radiator Cover, Boss Bags trunk, Kurykin Longhorn pegs
06-05-2013, 02:19 AM,
Not much, and that gets too much sometimes, just kidding.

I'm retired and spend way too much time at the computer when I wasn't racing, fighting bush fires or doing volunteer work around the place mainly in Old People Homes driving them around to the shops etc.

Ex-military, motor mechanic and designer of heavy vehicle suspensions, race car suspension design and fabrication when I was in the world.

Gibbo
06-05-2013, 02:37 AM,
I'm a bum.

Since I finished going back to school, the economy dropped, and my son was born, I have been raising him for the last three years. My formal field is IT, but that was faltering somewhat in the last years. I started back in the late 80's when everything was hardware based and that's where my work was always focused. I got into networking in the mid 90's and stuck with that, but never wanted to learn programming. You can't really have a job in IT today without programming knowledge, not to mention most of that work is now being so tracked out overseas. the IT industry has become too brutal for me. They want people on call 24 hrs a day, to know multiple programming languages, and have 50 different certifications for mediocre money. Not me. Not anymore. I'm tired of making everyone else rich.

I'll likely start some type of business shortly. I can do almost anything. I'm one of those people who know very little about a LOT of different things. I repaired riding mowers out of my garage last summer. Lol
06-05-2013, 02:53 AM,
@moze229 at home with a kid is not a bum, that is a a 24/7 job, you may as well do IT it would be easier
@rsmed1 great thread thanks
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
06-05-2013, 12:09 PM,
Re: What do you do for a living?
Tracking Dr. Evil. :D
06-05-2013, 01:36 PM,
Pretty cool to see all the talents and skills of folks on this forum.
2007 v star 650 Classic, raven with ghost flames