Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
06-30-2013, 03:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 03:05 PM by VRON.)
battery removal steps
How do you change out the battery on a 2009 V Star 250?
I've had the right cover off but no clue. (that's where the '90 Virago 750 I had was located )

Any one care to help with some step by step?

Thanks,
VRON
Bike : 2009 V Star 250
You can put a bowling ball in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
06-30-2013, 04:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 06:08 PM by commonground.)
RE: battery removal steps
The attachment shows the location of the battery and to get to it you will need to remove the two plastic side covers on each side of the bike. The are held on with rubber grommets. Use caution to not break the tabs on the plastic cover.
Remove the main seat by removing the screws on either side and tilt the seat up to access the battery. Lift the battery out of the battery box after removing wiring. Good Luck

Attached Files
.pdf   scan0001.pdf (Size: 46217 KB / Downloads: 65)
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
06-30-2013, 05:48 PM,
(06-30-2013, 04:58 PM)commonground Wrote: The attachment shows the location of the battery and to get to it you will need to remove the two plastic side covers on each side of the bike. The are held on with rubber grommets. Use caution to not break the tabs on the plastic cover.
Remove the back seat b by removing the screw holding it in place and slide it back. Remove the main seat by removing the screws on either side and tilt the seat up to access the battery. Good Luck
So I guess you slide it out the side.
Battery is good , I just wanted to know just in case.
06-30-2013, 06:11 PM,
(06-30-2013, 05:48 PM)VRON Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 04:58 PM)commonground Wrote: The attachment shows the location of the battery and to get to it you will need to remove the two plastic side covers on each side of the bike. The are held on with rubber grommets. Use caution to not break the tabs on the plastic cover.
Remove the back seat b by removing the screw holding it in place and slide it back. Remove the main seat by removing the screws on either side and tilt the seat up to access the battery. Good Luck
I edited the original post. You do not have to remove the rear seat and the battery lifts out of the battery box.
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
06-30-2013, 06:37 PM,
(06-30-2013, 06:11 PM)commonground Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 05:48 PM)VRON Wrote:
I edited the original post. You do not have to remove the rear seat and the battery lifts out of the battery box.
So , it just lifts straight up and out...good to know , thanks !
07-29-2017, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 12:31 PM by apragada.)
Remove the main seat by removing the screws on either side and tilt the seat up to access the battery. Lift the battery out of the battery box after removing wiring. Good Luck

Hi,

The info. is very useful to me. I just removed the battery and left it to charge.Question : while removing the battery, there a black rubber tube attached to it.I had to pull the battery along with it.
what is that for and where does it connect ? attached the pic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OEM Rear Turn Signal Removal Lettacat 0 479 10-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Lettacat