Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07-17-2013, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM by swier162.)
VStar 650 Exhaust Help
    I have a 1998 V Star and am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I am not very knowledgeable in this department so I am looking for some help. I don't believe the exhaust I have on my bike is stock but I could be wrong, from what I found on the net they may be vance & hines? I am looking to get my bike louder, because when the baffles are in it sounds OK but is very quiet.

I removed the baffles and I really liked the sound, however it was way too loud for my liking. I am looking for something in between.

What can I do to improve the sound, can install different baffles that won't make it as quiet?
07-17-2013, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2013, 06:00 PM by slowdad.)
RE: VStar 650 Exhaust Help
If you get new pipes I want first dibs on the old ones! PM me and let me know.

(07-17-2013, 11:32 AM)swier162 Wrote: I have a 1998 V Star and am looking to upgrade the exhaust. I am not very knowledgeable in this department so I am looking for some help. I don't believe the exhaust I have on my bike is stock but I could be wrong, from what I found on the net they may be vance & hines? I am looking to get my bike louder, because when the baffles are in it sounds OK but is very quiet.

I removed the baffles and I really liked the sound, however it was way too loud for my liking. I am looking for something in between.

What can I do to improve the sound, can install different baffles that won't make it as quiet?
Maybe some long stacks if you like the look they end even with the back that would move the sound farther away from you and run with out baffle
Insanity doing the same thing expecting different results. Undecided
07-17-2013, 06:08 PM,
Yeah those in the picture arnt factory. From the looks of em I'd say they're cobra slip-ons...cause the head pipes look factory. But don't quote me on it. I'd imagine theyd have a logo etched somewhere on em

As for making them a tad quieter I'd suggest you modify the baffles that you pulled out.. basically try to reduce th effectiveness of them so theyre louder than normal but less loud then if they wernt there altogether.
Are they just metal? Were they wrapped with fiberglass or something?

Or you could buy aftermarket ones in the same I.D. as your exhaust. But... you might end up at square 1
LoLrcycle rider Cool
07-18-2013, 10:37 AM,
They are just metal baffles, no fiberglass