Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 10:52 PM,
Must download pic?
What is up with the annoying download a picture to make it bigger set up?
08-12-2013, 10:58 PM,
RE: Must download pic?
@Jason will probly know... hes the tech guy.

i only run into that problem when someone doesnt use the img codes and inserts it via attaching
LoLrcycle rider Cool
08-12-2013, 11:37 PM,
@fishdip can you provide an example? I haven't heard of anyone having to download a pic just to see a bigger version...definitely would like to see whats going on...
08-13-2013, 12:00 AM,
I went to this thread
http://www.vstarforum.com/Neat-Picture-Thread
And if I click on the pic it ask me if I want to save or open it even if I click open it has already down load it.

(08-12-2013, 11:37 PM)Jason Wrote: @fishdip can you provide an example? I haven't heard of anyone having to download a pic just to see a bigger version...definitely would like to see whats going on...
08-13-2013, 12:27 AM,
I wasn't able to replicate the same issue your having. The pictures are opened in a separate tab and aren't required to download. Do you possibly have a browser extension that downloads it instead of opening the URL?
08-13-2013, 02:55 AM,
@fishdip, if you are using Microshaft Explorer, that may be the problem. Give Google Chrome a shot. See if you don't get a more desirable result.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
08-13-2013, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013, 05:04 AM by fishdip.)
No idea its only done it on this site any other site I have ever been on it makes a bigger window for the pic.
(08-13-2013, 12:27 AM)Jason Wrote: I wasn't able to replicate the same issue your having. The pictures are opened in a separate tab and aren't required to download. Do you possibly have a browser extension that downloads it instead of opening the URL?

I am also using windows 8 with internet explore. I can not find any crazy add-ons.
08-13-2013, 07:05 AM,
Re: RE: Must download pic?
(08-12-2013, 10:58 PM)Mr RCOM Wrote: @Jason will probly know... hes the tech guy.

i only run into that problem when someone doesnt use the img codes and inserts it via attaching

What are img codes, how does that work?, is that how you do your signature pic? I only know how to attach pics

sent from 2 wheels with the wind in my face and the sun on my back
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
08-13-2013, 10:17 AM,
img codes embed an image from another site or even this site if you choose.

@fishdip I have tried doing the same thing on a windows machine I have with IE and I still haven't replicated it. Still looking into it.
08-13-2013, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013, 11:38 AM by shwanky1.)
Yep . same thing happens here. Have to download. Click the pict, the screen Blanks out then I guess its I.E. Asks if I want to open the file.

Maybe its a setting in I.E. that needs to be changed. Don't know enough about it. Windiws 7
'11 950 tour, mustang seats
08-13-2013, 12:09 PM,
Found an answer...it appears to be a security issue with IE that the forum platform developers have decided to implement to minimize hackin...

http://community.mybb.com/thread-51691.html
08-13-2013, 01:35 PM,
Must download pic?
Oh you dinosaurs need to use Google Chrome or maybe a step back to Mozilla Firefox.

Nobody uses Microshaft Internet Explorer (that's IE) anymore, except governments and offices. Then they have to keep IT people around to deal with all the security problems inherent to IE.

Chrome is more secure and easier to use, even for me.

Go Chrome!
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
08-13-2013, 02:12 PM,
Must download pic?
LOL...you go @snaykbyte but being a professional web developer I have to use all browsers to ensure compatibility across them all. Pain in the butt.
2007 v star 650 Classic, raven with ghost flames
08-13-2013, 02:22 PM,
I have the same issue - IE 10 on WIndoze 7. Nothing special except popup blocker running - I suspect that is the problem but this is the only site where I have any issues with it. I suspect it is because the board software is configured to open a new tab for pictures. The other forums I'm on, and most web sites, just open a picture in an overlay div on the current page to show photos, etc. That eliminates any security issues of opening additional tabs or windows.

Actually, it's interesting because the popup blocker isn't preventing new tabs for URL navigation at this site, only for pictures.

John
08-13-2013, 02:40 PM,
(08-13-2013, 01:35 PM)SnaykByte Wrote: Oh you dinosaurs need to use Google Chrome or maybe a step back to Mozilla Firefox.

Nobody uses Microshaft Internet Explorer (that's IE) anymore, except governments and offices. Then they have to keep IT people around to deal with all the security problems inherent to IE.

Chrome is more secure and easier to use, even for me.

Go Chrome!

I hate Chrome. I have never once had a problem with IE and I spend 12+h online every day.