Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-08-2013, 03:03 PM,
new U-CP exhast
I am fixin' to pull the trigger on a new full exhaust system manufactured by U-CP.
It the same as Wild Eagle (which I believe is out of business now) and replaces the OEM exhaust.
It has the ' drag pipe' design with a removable baffle if desired.

Now the question is how hard is it to remove the OEM exhaust ?
Is there a certain order of removal like 1....2....3.... ?

Do the new pipes which are chromed stainless steel have a protective coating that needs to be removed?
I have heard that if you don't remove the coating it will turn yellow or something like that.
And if so how do you remove it to reduce any discoloration that not removing it might produce?

This is on an '09 V Star 250 and I am making the exhaust a full functioning one and getting rid of the under the frame pipe with fake chrome visible pipe
system.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
VRON
Bike : 2009 V Star 250
You can put a bowling ball in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
09-22-2013, 10:38 AM,
: new U-CP exhast
Well I finally did get and install the complete exhaust system.
Here's the youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDziVADyS...e=youtu.be

They are awesome sounding.

They come with removable baffles that are easily removed and replaced if needed. (I took them out)

There was another set available but the price was almost $100 more than these which cost $290 including shipping.
I ordered them on the 9th and they arrived on the 16th . Which is a lot faster than I expected.

It does not even sound like a 250 any more that's for sure.
09-22-2013, 05:51 PM,
new U-CP exhast
Definitely a nice sound. Your dog seems to like it too (heard a bark in the background).

Riding this afternoon there was a guy on a Honda shadow that stopped by me at a light. Not sure what cc, but he said he had cobra pipes on. They sounded great. Probably a little too old for my neighborhood though.

Did you have to rejet carbs?
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM,
RE: new U-CP exhast
(09-22-2013, 05:51 PM)Agspace Wrote: Definitely a nice sound. Your dog seems to like it too (heard a bark in the background).

Riding this afternoon there was a guy on a Honda shadow that stopped by me at a light. Not sure what cc, but he said he had cobra pipes on. They sounded great. Probably a little too old for my neighborhood though.

Did you have to rejet carbs?
I had all ready re-jetted the pilot jet from the OEM 17 to 20 . I am not sure what the numbers mean but it's a little bigger for a better fuel flow
at the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range . It made smoother transitions from start to the roll on the throttle during acceleration.

Yeah, the neighbors dog across the street is not a fan of motors of any kind...lawnmower, weed whacker, bike.
He chases me down the street every time he's out and I am taking off on my bike...one of these days one of us is going down...and it's not going to be me.

Any way changing the pilot jet and the sprocket change (15/46 to 17/38) were the most bang for the buck mods I have made.
Now with the complete exhaust change it's very much like a much bigger bike.
The only thing missing is the 100+ miles per hour...but I don't do that any way and I'm quite content cruising along at 55 to 60 with throttle to spare.
09-23-2013, 12:57 AM,
sorry we missed your first post. but it turned out great they sound cool, I would never have believed it was a 250

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-23-2013, 08:36 AM,
The bike sounds awesome and it looks great! Definitely doesn't sound like a 2Fiddy anymore haha
LoLrcycle rider Cool