Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 11:28 PM,
I Left Skid Marks Tonight...
locking them up for a freaking PeDESTrian!

Dumbass just stepped out from the sidewalk.

Too bad he couldn't hear what I shouted at him from my helmet.

Now I know what my tires smell like when they have smeared the asphalt.

Funny thing is, there was no question of control, stayed upright, straight and true.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
09-12-2013, 12:15 AM,
RE: I Left Skid Marks Tonight...
so you locked up the rear, and held it all strait, excellent work. of course you would have stopped faster without locking up but great skill none the less. excellent way to strengthen those sphincter muscles, lol
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-12-2013, 12:42 AM,
(09-12-2013, 12:15 AM)jmck Wrote: so you locked up the rear, and held it all strait, excellent work. of course you would have stopped faster without locking up but great skill none the less. excellent way to strengthen those sphincter muscles, lol
Thanks! And the small cloud of stinky, burnt rubber only added to the effect.
09-12-2013, 02:13 AM,
(09-11-2013, 11:28 PM)SnaykByte Wrote: locking them up for a freaking PeDESTrian!

Funny thing is, there was no question of control, stayed upright, straight and true.
@SnaykByte well done, I've locked a rear a few times and it gets the heart pumping, but the fact that you held it upright says heaps. Pedestrians are virtually mobile chicanes at times and I believe use the same principle a lot of car drivers use - the thumb in bum and mind in neutral principle!!!

Gibbo
09-12-2013, 09:52 AM,
Glad you're okay! The number of pedestrians I see doing really stupid stuff has gone up exponentially with the introduction of handheld "smart" devices.

Maybe we need some laws against distracted walking...

I think I've finally figured out why they call them "smart" phones, though. Since almost everyone I see in public using one seems to be stupid and/or oblivious, I think that the devices suck the smarts out of one'shead as they're in use - thus the devices become smarter as the user becomes dumber.

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
09-12-2013, 10:05 AM,
amen brother.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

09-12-2013, 11:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 11:20 AM by commonground.)
(09-11-2013, 11:28 PM)SnaykByte Wrote: locking them up for a freaking PeDESTrian!

If you come close enough to the pedestrian and they are awake, it will cause them to have 'Skid Marks' in their shorts too. Which is a good thing. Wink BTW I hate shouting, coughing or sneezing in my full-face helmet. Sad
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
09-12-2013, 01:05 PM,
How about belching or puking? LOL

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM,
BTW I hate shouting, coughing or sneezing in my full-face helmet.

On THAT note, watch this. I LOVE Billy Connolly (Made as Welcome as a Fart in a Space Suit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcDzJmW6Qg
09-12-2013, 03:27 PM,
(09-12-2013, 01:10 PM)SnaykByte Wrote: BTW I hate shouting, coughing or sneezing in my full-face helmet.

On THAT note, watch this. I LOVE Billy Connolly (Made as Welcome as a Fart in a Space Suit).

Billy Connolly is one funny dude. I watched several of his skits on YouTube. Thanks
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
09-12-2013, 03:54 PM,
yep, sneeze can deafen you for a bit even with flippin open the shield, i can just shake my head and people read all kinds of things from that, don't even give the bird, a full open hand with a what th gesture works real good.
will not be long till wearin the full face again(hope) as should be starting to cool down.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

09-12-2013, 07:04 PM,
So what am I doing wrong. I have skid every time I had to stop quickly (traffic lights). I thought this was just the nature of the 1100.
09-12-2013, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:01 PM by Gibbo.)
(09-12-2013, 01:10 PM)SnaykByte Wrote: BTW I hate shouting, coughing or sneezing in my full-face helmet.

@SnaykByte thanks for that BC is really cool!

Gibbo

(09-12-2013, 07:04 PM)Agspace Wrote: So what am I doing wrong. I have skid every time I had to stop quickly (traffic lights). I thought this was just the nature of the 1100.
Mate, it's the way you are applying your brakes.

Have a look at this link it may give you some ideas: http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/333.html

I have found sometimes that if I apply more rear brake than front I will lock the rear wheel, no big deal if you realise what is happening and correct it .... gently not radically!

Gibbo
09-12-2013, 08:07 PM,
(09-12-2013, 07:04 PM)Agspace Wrote: So what am I doing wrong. I have skid every time I had to stop quickly (traffic lights). I thought this was just the nature of the 1100.
are you serious? the breaking tip in gibbos vid. take a close look at your tires, how old are they? is the pressure correct? is there 'give' in the rubber or is it hard, press it with a coin or something.
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM,
(09-12-2013, 08:07 PM)jmck Wrote:
are you serious? the breaking tip in gibbos vid. take a close look at your tires, how old are they? is the pressure correct? is there 'give' in the rubber or is it hard, press it with a coin or something.

@jmck No kidding. It's terrible when roads are wet. A couple times I've gone into a wheel spin taking off.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  left or right jmck 22 2,439 04-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: jmck