Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-21-2013, 08:20 PM,
Factory decal removed?
Has anyone tried to remove the factory decals on the vstar? I have a 2013 250 and the factory decal (the word STAR) on the gas tank I would like to remove. I've taken the warning stickers off the tank but I was wondering if removing the star decal would be difficult. Is there a certain technique I should try.
09-21-2013, 08:30 PM,
RE: Factory decal removed?
(09-21-2013, 08:20 PM)Boomer Wrote: Has anyone tried to remove the factory decals on the vstar? I have a 2013 250 and the factory decal (the word STAR) on the gas tank I would like to remove. I've taken the warning stickers off the tank but I was wondering if removing the star decal would be difficult. Is there a certain technique I should try.
If it is only a decal - similar to the one you removed from the top of the tank - I would imagine you could remove the 'Star' decal in a similar fashion. Maybe the good lady's hair dryer might do the job.

Gibbo
09-21-2013, 08:36 PM,
(09-21-2013, 08:30 PM)Gibbo Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 08:20 PM)Boomer Wrote: Has anyone tried to remove the factory decals on the vstar? I have a 2013 250 and the factory decal (the word STAR) on the gas tank I would like to remove. I've taken the warning stickers off the tank but I was wondering if removing the star decal would be difficult. Is there a certain technique I should try.
If it is only a decal - similar to the one you removed from the top of the tank - I would imagine you could remove the 'Star' decal in a similar fashion. Maybe the good lady's hair dryer might do the job.

Gibbo
I did mine and really like the cleaner look.

Here's a you tube link to show how one guy did it on a Rebel 250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRhTQIPHFEQ

Take your time and use a lot of patience.

Good luck
Bike : 2009 V Star 250
You can put a bowling ball in an oven, but that don't make it a biscuit.
09-21-2013, 08:37 PM,
I'm not sure but it looks like the one on my 650 may be under a clear coat...

The warning sticker was on top and easy enough to remove but the other it's more difficult to say. Of course, my near vision sucks these days so it's entirely possible that I am 100% wrong.

Might as well leave the decal on - ain't nobody gonna mistake it for a Harley anyway unless you're going to put some fake pushrod tubes on the sides of the cylinders... LOL

One thing that I do really like about the Stars is they don't paste the displacement on the tank (or anywhere, for that matter). Without looking closely even the 250 can be mistaken for a bigger bike.

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
09-21-2013, 08:38 PM,
the one on the tank that I removed was the generic warning label about gas fumes. The one I am refering to now is the actual STAR decal that that comes on the bike. It's not a sticker like the other ... or at least I don't think it is.
09-21-2013, 08:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 08:41 PM by VRON.)
(09-21-2013, 08:37 PM)OldePhart Wrote: I'm not sure but it looks like the one on my 650 may be under a clear coat...

The warning sticker was on top and easy enough to remove but the other it's more difficult to say. Of course, my near vision sucks these days so it's entirely possible that I am 100% wrong.

Might as well leave the decal on - ain't nobody gonna mistake it for a Harley anyway unless you're going to put some fake pushrod tubes on the sides of the cylinders... LOL

One thing that I do really like about the Stars is they don't paste the displacement on the tank (or anywhere, for that matter). Without looking closely even the 250 can be mistaken for a bigger bike.

John
They can even sound like one too.

I just installed these pipes today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDziVADyS...load_owner
09-21-2013, 08:47 PM,
(09-21-2013, 08:40 PM)VRON Wrote: They can even sound like one too.

Sounds good. What pipes are those?

09-21-2013, 08:51 PM,
(09-21-2013, 08:47 PM)colonel Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 08:40 PM)VRON Wrote: They can even sound like one too.

Sounds good. What pipes are those?
The brand is U-PC out of Japan.
The cost was $231 with about $60 for shipping.
They are chromed stainless steel.

I ordered on the 9th and they arrived on the 16th.

They come with removable baffles which I did remove.
They can be replaced very easily too if need be.
09-21-2013, 08:52 PM,
(09-21-2013, 08:38 PM)Boomer Wrote: the one on the tank that I removed was the generic warning label about gas fumes. The one I am refering to now is the actual STAR decal that that comes on the bike. It's not a sticker like the other ... or at least I don't think it is.
I haven't noticed if it is under a clear coat or not as suggested by @OldePhart, I know that the pinstriping on my 1300 are under a clear coat and I think that would be a bit more difficult to remove. The link provided by @VRON was made by our very own @Maustarman.

Gibbo
09-21-2013, 08:52 PM,
Those do sound really good.
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
09-21-2013, 08:53 PM,
Man that sure has a big bike sound. Neat! Smile
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
09-21-2013, 09:05 PM,
Mine was under a clear coat :(.... sanding took it off but it was pretty sucky cause I had to repaint and all that jazz
LoLrcycle rider Cool
09-21-2013, 09:07 PM,
Factory decal removed?
(09-21-2013, 08:36 PM)VRON Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 08:30 PM)Gibbo Wrote:

Gibbo
I did mine and really like the cleaner look.

Here's a you tube link to show how one guy did it on a Rebel 250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRhTQIPHFEQ

Take your time and use a lot of patience.

Good luck

@vron
Lol man... That crazy guy in the video it's me :)
I forgot I've posted that vid...
Glad it's helping
04-28-2014, 03:36 PM,
On my 2013 V Star 250 there was no clear coat. I took my decal off very carefully with a hair dryer. Just took my time and heated it up just enough to peal it off. In doing so I didn't get the paint to warm underneath. Absolutely no residue or marks of any kind left.
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM,
(04-28-2014, 03:36 PM)Alongtheway Wrote: On my 2013 V Star 250 there was no clear coat. I took my decal off very carefully with a hair dryer. Just took my time and heated it up just enough to peal it off. In doing so I didn't get the paint to warm underneath. Absolutely no residue or marks of any kind left.
Did the gold pin stripping stay in tact? Doug Cool
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tank sticker removed. VRON 5 2,391 08-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Last Post: jhennly