Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-27-2013, 03:19 AM,
tire / Tyre checkers ever used these
I've had a set of these [Image: led_tyrechecker_blinking_animation.gif] LED valve caps for a couple of years now I think they are great. simply inflate your tyres to your prefered pressure (cold of course) and screw the cap on, that 'sets' the base pressure. if the pressure drops 4psi below that, the red LED starts to flash. When I first bought them I did regular checks to make sure they were working, they were fine. they are labeled Front & Back (just scratch out F or B), and they have an anti theft thingy. Word of warning though, if you take your tyres to the shop to get a new set take them off first the guy stuffed mine by using pliers instead of the key to get them off. There great particuly if you have a classic with deep fenders and saddlebags, and as you get older or taller the tyre avlve get increacingly hard to reach, lol, so these really save your back. @OldePhat I see these in your future, lol
You can get these [Image: mechanical_tyrechecker_animation.gif] aswell but I have read about these failing and causing instentanious deflation, so not so good.
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
09-27-2013, 04:24 AM,
RE: tire / Tyre checkers ever used these
Any name, website, price on the led ones? And what's the anti theft thing? So no-one siphons the air out of your tires?
LoLrcycle rider Cool
09-27-2013, 04:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 04:48 AM by jmck.)
got mine here in australia tyrecheckers.com.au $30 a pair with a 2 year warranty. I know cruisercustomizing has them too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4

I forgot the anti theft thing, .
is just a collar that spins, simple two prong key it's over the top

Jmck
09-27-2013, 05:33 AM,
Thanks dude I'm gonna check em out!
LoLrcycle rider Cool
09-27-2013, 06:03 AM,
(09-27-2013, 05:33 AM)Mr RCOM Wrote: Thanks dude I'm gonna check em out!
home now
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ride-o...-EN-LV-BL2

these dosound better than mine check the chart at the bottom
http://www.ride-on.com/smartcap
Jmck
09-27-2013, 06:21 AM,
(09-27-2013, 03:19 AM)jmck Wrote: I've had a set of these [Image: led_tyrechecker_blinking_animation.gif] LED valve caps for a couple of years now I think they are great. simply inflate your tyres to your prefered pressure (cold of course) and screw the cap on, that 'sets' the base pressure. if the pressure drops 4psi below that, the red LED starts to flash. When I first bought them I did regular checks to make sure they were working, they were fine. they are labeled Front & Back (just scratch out F or B), and they have an anti theft thingy. Word of warning though, if you take your tyres to the shop to get a new set take them off first the guy stuffed mine by using pliers instead of the key to get them off. There great particuly if you have a classic with deep fenders and saddlebags, and as you get older or taller the tyre avlve get increacingly hard to reach, lol, so these really save your back. @OldePhat I see these in your future, lol
You can get these [Image: mechanical_tyrechecker_animation.gif] aswell but I have read about these failing and causing instentanious deflation, so not so good.
@jmck do they really work?

Gibbo
09-27-2013, 07:54 AM,
@Gibbo i only ever had one promblem that was when the stealership crushed it with pliers trying to get it of without the key. and tyre checker replaced it under warrenty (I didn't tell them what happen exactly) I see now they have replacment batteries, mine is the old style that didn't.
http://www.tyrecheckers.com.au/12-led-ty...indicators

as I said I continued to check pressures for may be 6 months then I gave it up.
the only thing I can see wrong with them is when the battery goes flat you don't know, unless you buy these one
http://www.ride-on.com/smartcap
they have an audible alarm, but I guess you have to be there to hear it

either way I recomend them and they look better than black plastic, a quick glace down and you know you are good to go.
Jmck
09-27-2013, 04:10 PM,
OldePhat, huh? LOL - @jmck you may have just coined a better moniker for me!

I do see a set of these in my very near future, though. I was thinking just yesterday that I need to check the oil and tires before riding this weekend...assuming I get a chance to ride.

(09-27-2013, 03:19 AM)jmck Wrote: I've had a set of these [Image: led_tyrechecker_blinking_animation.gif] LED valve caps for a couple of years now I think they are great. simply inflate your tyres to your prefered pressure (cold of course) and screw the cap on, that 'sets' the base pressure. if the pressure drops 4psi below that, the red LED starts to flash. When I first bought them I did regular checks to make sure they were working, they were fine. they are labeled Front & Back (just scratch out F or B), and they have an anti theft thingy. Word of warning though, if you take your tyres to the shop to get a new set take them off first the guy stuffed mine by using pliers instead of the key to get them off. There great particuly if you have a classic with deep fenders and saddlebags, and as you get older or taller the tyre avlve get increacingly hard to reach, lol, so these really save your back. @OldePhat I see these in your future, lol
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
09-27-2013, 10:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2013, 05:14 AM by mjb1515.)
Re: tire / Tyre checkers ever used these
The tire led valve cap is awesome. I have to get a pair; another thing to add to my list.

Cars have something like this but it's hidden and either attached below the valve stem or banded around the mags....

Nice find @jmck

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Vstar1300 Tourer 07

09-27-2013, 10:09 PM,
@OldePhart lol sorry mate

Jmck
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tools needed for rear tire on XVS950 Marty8613 1 516 07-20-2019, 02:32 PM