Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-19-2013, 10:59 AM,
Good Day
G'Day Mates, (if I may use the vernacular) I would really love to visit Australia and ride with you before I am planted.
Had a week R&R in Sydney with a couple of Aussie Vets in 71. I do not remember much except I was put to the drinking tests and was commended how well an American could keep up. Well I am Polish and Irish, big drinker cultures.
Have a good one.
Doc
2012 1300 T Highway Bars, Passing Lights, Passenger Floor Boards, K&N Filter, LED Brake light module, Power Point, Ram Mount GPS, Mustang Vintage Seats, Luggage Rack, Bucks Lowers, Screaming Banshee Horn, LED Fogs, Volt Gauge, Saddle Bag Guards, Radiator Cover, Boss Bags trunk, Kurykin Longhorn pegs
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM,
RE: Good Day
@DocLubo, we'd love to have you here for a ride. There are a few of us on this forum that get together for a ride when we can. We live all over the country, so when we do get together, you can be assured that there will be plenty of opportunities to put your heritage to good use.

It's on my bucket list to do East to West of the US too, did most of it in a car in 2000 but would get so much more out of it on a bike. A great country with great people.

I'll look forward to going for a ride!

Cheers.
11-19-2013, 08:59 PM,
Visiting Australia and New Zealand is on my bucket list but I probably don't have the discipline to save enough cash and vacation time to make it happen. Ahh well...my own fault, eh?

Sure is pretty country and nice folks, though.

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
11-19-2013, 10:01 PM,
Good Day
Who is in Sydney? I know @jmck lives 10 hours out. Anyone in town proper?
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
11-19-2013, 11:16 PM,
With the way everything has been going for me here in the "States", if I visit.... I just might stay :)
11-19-2013, 11:45 PM,
(11-19-2013, 11:16 PM)jhennly Wrote: With the way everything has been going for me here in the "States", if I visit.... I just might stay :)

Yeah...can relate to that...
11-20-2013, 12:50 AM,
G'day @SnaykByte @jhennly @OldePhart @DocLubo as @xvs950 says we're spread all over the place, maybe one day we might manage a get together. @SnaykByte @jmck may know of some members in Sydney, give him a nudge.

Australia is a bloody great place and as you have seen from previous posts we have some terrific roads. Don't be shy, come on down and @OldePhart just dig up another tin of dollars you have salted around the place and get here. I'm sure we could find you an old 650 to pull apart.

@DocLubo the grog is still as potent mate you'll feel like you never left. @jhennly with your skills mate no worries @SnaykByte plenty of rocks to keep the geologist in you happy, lots of seafood too!!!

Doc, cut the procrastination and just get here!!!

Gibbo
11-20-2013, 12:01 PM,
(11-19-2013, 11:45 PM)OldePhart Wrote:
(11-19-2013, 11:16 PM)jhennly Wrote: With the way everything has been going for me here in the "States", if I visit.... I just might stay :)
Yeah I feel like the immigrant here now. I should go to another country, become a citizen, come back here so I can get all the free goodies, and I may not even have to work or even apply for citizenship. Crap I would even vote liberal if that happened.
You do not even have to speak American/English to get a drivers license, collect unemployment or welfare, etc. The worst thing is I have to "press 1 to continue in English" How lame.
Oh oh, Now ya got me started, I am going to unplug my keyboard now.

Have a nice day all.
Doc
Sad state here,

Yeah...can relate to that...
2012 1300 T Highway Bars, Passing Lights, Passenger Floor Boards, K&N Filter, LED Brake light module, Power Point, Ram Mount GPS, Mustang Vintage Seats, Luggage Rack, Bucks Lowers, Screaming Banshee Horn, LED Fogs, Volt Gauge, Saddle Bag Guards, Radiator Cover, Boss Bags trunk, Kurykin Longhorn pegs
11-20-2013, 05:52 PM,
Gentlemen, unfortunately it's the way of the world now! Yes, even here in The Colonies..... I think there was a song doing the rounds many moons ago - "I fought the war ..... and the war won!!!" or words to that effect!

Stay loose, smile, laugh like a loon and dance naked like nobody's watching!

Gibbo
11-20-2013, 06:59 PM,
Trust me...if I danced naked it's a pretty good bet no one would watch...
11-26-2013, 02:08 AM,
Okay, who wants to go with me to Australia and dance naked?
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
11-26-2013, 09:01 AM,
(11-26-2013, 02:08 AM)SnaykByte Wrote: Okay, who wants to go with me to Australia and dance naked?
Oh My, Another thread where you have to watch what you say. If you say yes, you could get in trouble at home. If you say no, you could offend someone. Sad I'm torn.
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
11-26-2013, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 01:54 PM by DocLubo.)
(11-20-2013, 05:52 PM)Gibbo Wrote: Gentlemen, unfortunately it's the way of the world now! Yes, even here in The Colonies..... I think there was a song doing the rounds many moons ago - "I fought the war ..... and the war won!!!" or words to that effect!

Gibbo
Good day,

LOL It's "I fought the LAW and the LAW won". Unless the Aussie version is different.
How's it going Gibbo?

Doc

(11-20-2013, 12:50 AM)Gibbo Wrote: G'day @SnaykByte @jhennly @OldePhart @DocLubo as @xvs950 says we're spread all over the place, maybe one day we might manage a get together. @SnaykByte @jmck may know of some members in Sydney, give him a nudge.

Australia is a bloody great place and as you have seen from previous posts we have some terrific roads. Don't be shy, come on down and @OldePhart just dig up another tin of dollars you have salted around the place and get here. I'm sure we could find you an old 650 to pull apart.

@DocLubo the grog is still as potent mate you'll feel like you never left. @jhennly with your skills mate no worries @SnaykByte plenty of rocks to keep the geologist in you happy, lots of seafood too!!!

Doc, cut the procrastination and just get here!!!

Gibbo
No procrastination Mate, lack of money.
LOL Ahhhh Foster's on tap, much better than the oil cans we get here.
11-26-2013, 05:48 PM,
(11-26-2013, 01:52 PM)DocLubo Wrote:
(11-20-2013, 05:52 PM)Gibbo Wrote: Gentlemen, unfortunately it's the way of the world now! Yes, even here in The Colonies..... I think there was a song doing the rounds many moons ago - "I fought the war ..... and the war won!!!" or words to that effect!

Gibbo
Good day,

LOL It's "I fought the LAW and the LAW won". Unless the Aussie version is different.
How's it going Gibbo?

Doc

No procrastination Mate, lack of money.
LOL Ahhhh Foster's on tap, much better than the oil cans we get here.
@DocLubo Nah mate, the Law is an Ass and I'm afraid that the war did win!!!! I'm travelling well thank you for asking. I trust you are in fine fettle?

@commonground NOW is the time for Empty Boxes on @SnaykByte invitation! Then again what's wrong with dancing naked????????

Gibbo
08-17-2016, 01:20 PM,
anyone here from Milton?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk