Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-26-2013, 01:38 PM,
Amazing Feats Youtube
the things some of us are able to do...some possibly decades ago for some of us, now a run to the hospital if attempted, can already feel my back popping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=A6XUVjK9W4o
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

11-26-2013, 03:04 PM,
RE: Amazing Feats Youtube
Yeah, I love videos like that. I have a granddaughter, not quite ten yet, who already does something similar to that hoop thing and I bet she could do the limbo under the car on skates thing, too. Completely double jointed - you'd swear she hasn't a bone in her body. Also has strength in spit of being stick thin and a sense of balance that's crazy.

Ever since she was very little she has always just gone around the house doing crazy stuff for fun (things like curling her toes under and running and jumping and even doing flips on the tops of her toes). About a year ago her mother signed her up for a beginning gymnastics class at the community center and the coaches were like, "uh-uh - this girl needs to be in the advanced class." She got to the advanced class and on the first day the coaches and the older girls were all admiring her feet (they're kind of ugly feet especially with callouses on the tops of her toes but I guess they're great for that crazy kind of stuff). Anyway, one of the younger coaches in the advanced class wanted to start working with her one-on-one because she thinks she's got Olympic potential. Of course, many, many kids have Olympic potential but only a few make it.

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
11-28-2013, 04:09 AM,
Amazing Feats Youtube
Think of all the mistakes made and injuries suffered on the way to conquering those successes. What is that quote by Thomas Edison that states something like every success is the culmination of 10,000 failures, speaking about finally finding the lightbulb filament that worked?
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
11-28-2013, 09:14 AM,
For some, getting out of bed is an amazing feat. Wink We used to comment on some of this stuff with: No Brain, No Pain
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
11-28-2013, 12:49 PM,
(11-28-2013, 04:09 AM)SnaykByte Wrote: Think of all the mistakes made and injuries suffered on the way to conquering those successes. What is that quote by Thomas Edison that states something like every success is the culmination of 10,000 failures, speaking about finally finding the lightbulb filament that worked?

Yeah, I always see videos of guys taking a dirt bike over a jump and doing a double backflip and landing perfectly and wonder...just exactly how do you work up to that?... I guess most of them started out on bmx bicycles when they were young and limber and I know a lot of times they have "practice pits" for bmx and skateboarders where you come off the half pipe or whatever and do your stunt but land in a big pile of foam chunks. Still, at some point you've got to be looking at that jump while sitting on 250 pounds of motorcycle and say to yourself..."well, I aint never did this before but I'm sure I can ride up this jump and do a backflip and land on the wheels..."

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YouTube videolarını indirmenin hızlı bir yolunu arıyorum vanihe 1 126 07-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Last Post: erickson
  bana en iyi youtube video dönüştürücü tavsiye vanihe 1 135 07-06-2020, 03:16 AM
Last Post: erickson
  YouTube'dan bir video indiriyor musunuz? erickson 1 197 06-22-2020, 02:52 AM
Last Post: vanihe
  1-888-585-0369 How to turn off YouTube notifications ashuultra 0 416 10-03-2019, 03:48 AM
Last Post: ashuultra
  Jollyhers Fashion Women Dress for Sale with $60 OFF amazing price surprised you kellybam 0 1,025 09-19-2018, 04:03 AM
Last Post: kellybam
  Jollyhers latest fall dresses for women with $60 OFF amazing price surprised you kellybam 0 1,082 09-18-2018, 02:47 AM
Last Post: kellybam