Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM,
Forum History
A few people have requested how the community was started and a little about the history behind vstarforum.com. It got started because of our interest in the V-Star as an alternative to a Harley. There wasn't a community of just V-Star riders out there so we decided to start one. Very humble beginnings, not knowing really what we where doing, got a few spam attacks (hence the old users), and so on. Needless to say, the more we interacted with the very few real members in the beginning, the more traction the community got. We are not by any means a huge community but we definitely have grown. Technically the forum started in April of 2012, got its first member in May of the same year, and has grown ever since. We know it could be much more than what it is but it's hard to spend a lot of time managing the backend, get the name out, etc. You guys are the reason the community exists, we just provided the platform.

Hope that answers some of the questions but if there are any other questions feel free to ask in this thread!

Jason
02-18-2014, 03:58 PM,
RE: Forum History
Anything new happening with VStar store? Looking forward to advertising the forum while riding.
Shy Bert
03-22-2014, 12:00 PM,
(02-18-2014, 01:35 PM)Jason Wrote: .... Technically the forum started in April of 2012, got its first member in May of the same year....
Awwww.. thanks for mentioning me..you are so sweet. Heart Biggrin
03-22-2014, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 01:41 PM by commonground.)
@zag I guess with that kind of seniority, you can say anything you want and the Mods can't do anything about it. Wink
Never tell someone more than they are willing to hear.
03-22-2014, 08:41 PM,
@zag i didn't know you were the first member. that must have been weird, bit like the shout box is now.
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
03-23-2014, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 01:07 AM by Mr RCOM.)
lol so it was jason, matt and zag....

then I came along. and everything is good

(03-22-2014, 12:37 PM)commonground Wrote: @zag I guess with that kind of seniority, you can say anything you want and the Mods can't do anything about it. Wink
He can but you can't. we have our eyes on you.
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-23-2014, 08:28 AM,
(03-23-2014, 01:02 AM)Mr RCOM Wrote: lol so it was jason, matt and zag....

then I came along. and everything is good Hmm? There went the neighborhood. Smile

(03-22-2014, 12:37 PM)commonground Wrote: @zag I guess with that kind of seniority, you can say anything you want and the Mods can't do anything about it. Wink
He can but you can't. we have our eyes on you.
I'll be good. It's Sunday and I try to be good on Sunday. Now tomorrow, that's a different story. Confused
03-24-2014, 02:23 PM,
Ya @zag I think you may have been the first non-spammer member...
03-25-2014, 02:25 AM,
Re: Forum History
See I came and kicked all the spammers out. :).
03-25-2014, 02:37 AM,
You should have one of those knight icons on your name. I think @jmck hands them out
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-25-2014, 04:42 AM,
Re: RE: Forum History
(03-25-2014, 02:37 AM)Mr RCOM Wrote: You should have one of those knight icons on your name. I think @jmck hands them out

Ha,ha don't you need to be a Queen to knght someone.
seriously though i have no idea what you're talking about

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
Jmck
03-25-2014, 05:11 AM,
Lmao! Omg thats not what i ment!!!!!! But everyone seems to have a little knight icon next to Rank. Since zag destroyed the bots in the beginning of the forum he should get one too.

Annnndndnnnnnd since youre the boss i figured youd have that control. To knight someone. But i guess not?
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-25-2014, 05:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 05:38 AM by jmck.)
i have done some checking here:
http://www.vstarforum.com/myachievements...tion=ranks

a Knight of the Vstar -
This is given to those of you that have Writers Cramp, Thread Crusher, No Sleep, and Rockstar. You are an honorary Knight of the V-Star!
Required achievements:
Writers Cramp
Thread Crusher
No Sleep!
Rockstar

(03-25-2014, 05:34 AM)jmck Wrote: i have done some checking here:
http://www.vstarforum.com/myachievements...tion=ranks

a Knight of the Vstar -
This is given to those of you that have Writers Cramp, Thread Crusher, No Sleep, and Rockstar. You are an honorary Knight of the V-Star!
Required achievements:
Writers Cramp
Thread Crusher
No Sleep!
Rockstar
oh and here
http://www.vstarforum.com/myachievements.php
it seems we can vote for a King and Queen
Jmck
03-25-2014, 09:00 AM,
Huh. Thanks for that info! @Jason how do we vote for the king and queen? Or do you know John?
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-25-2014, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM by commonground.)
Me, Me, Me, I want to be Queen............................... Oh, wait a minute, that's the female one, isn't it? I want to be the other one, the boy one. Then I could knight someone with a sword. I've always wanted to do that. Rolleyes