Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 02:58 PM,
First good ride of spring!
I don't know how everyone's weather has been fairing these last few weeks but up here in the Pacific Northwest spring seems to be showing its colors!

Got to take a really nice ride out of Pullman WA, down to the Snake River into Lewiston ID, then up the Old Spiral Highway. I haven't had much chance to hit windy roads yet and boy it was a blast!
[Image: asa6yrer.jpg]

Has anyone else gotten to have a nice spring ride yet? Anyone from this area know any scenic and/or windy rides around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-09-2014, 11:17 PM,
RE: First good ride of spring!
(03-09-2014, 02:58 PM)CougSean Wrote: I don't know how everyone's weather has been fairing these last few weeks but up here in the Pacific Northwest spring seems to be showing its colors!

Got to take a really nice ride out of Pullman WA, down to the Snake River into Lewiston ID, then up the Old Spiral Highway. I haven't had much chance to hit windy roads yet and boy it was a blast!

Has anyone else gotten to have a nice spring ride yet? Anyone from this area know any scenic and/or windy rides around here?

Saturday in north Alabama.
Rode my bike to get some chow, 5 miles there and back.
230 miles later I put the kick stand down and went in the house.
Would you believe it, the daffodils are out and I saw at least 15 turkeys out in a field.
Also the fields are turning purple from the blooming clover.
Spring is on it's way.
[Image: 3-spike-2_zps52a82b02.jpg] My V-STAR 1300 is my 22 Motor Cycle
Been riding over 50 years
The motor on the 1300 is twice as big as any bike I've owned before.
03-11-2014, 03:38 AM,
Been waiting for the trucks to sweep up all that post - snow gravel. DID get in a ride to work last week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
03-11-2014, 04:03 AM,
Woo! Yeah i got in a quicky yesterday. still a lot of salt/sandy stuff on the road also theres a lot of melting icky water so my bike got sprayed pretty good. But it was fun! Hooray for riding
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-11-2014, 09:14 AM,
Hahaha.

All im gonna say is im gonna need a high power pressure washer
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-12-2014, 12:57 AM,
(03-11-2014, 03:38 AM)SnaykByte Wrote: Been waiting for the trucks to sweep up all that post - snow gravel. DID get in a ride to work last week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they are just now sweeping up the gravel. I've been riding on it for a couple weeks now, off and on. Its pretty nerve-racking but managable for the quick rides to work and back. Put my plastic pants on and rode in the rain yesterday! After all this poor weather and gravel riding, the clean and dry windy roads were quite liberating!
03-21-2015, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015, 06:10 PM by rwooley69.)
(03-09-2014, 02:58 PM)CougSean Wrote: I don't know how everyone's weather has been fairing these last few weeks but up here in the Pacific Northwest spring seems to be showing its colors!

03-22-2015, 12:39 AM,
I got about 75 miles in last weekend, some sand/gravel on a few curves. The don't sweep the gravel on the mountain roads so I only rode the flat stuff. I may be heading to Wyoming tomorrow, have to see what time I finish my chores...
04-29-2015, 01:31 AM,
@CougSean,, that is some mighty beautiful country in spring. The Palouse Country.
There is great need for a sarcasm font.