Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 03:11 AM,
Done with the Baron's Oil Filter Relocation Kit :(
Ok....I've tried....and I'm done :(
I love the idea of the OFRK but at what expense...?
My 3rd set of lines gave up, & they are leaking yet again :(
This kit is costing me by now almost $500 in 3 years...
In all honesty in mad at those Baron guys ....they can't get their act together.
03-11-2014, 03:47 AM,
RE: Done with the Baron's Oil Filter Relocation Kit :(
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
LoLrcycle rider Cool
03-11-2014, 03:50 AM,
That really sucks. What are you going to do?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
03-11-2014, 04:08 AM,
The way I see it I have 2 options
1- come up with my own lines of some sort..
2- just go back to taking the exhaust off every time I have and oil change.

Anything but leaks...
If I wanted I harley I would have bought a harley to have oil leaks in my garage :)
03-11-2014, 05:49 AM,
oh I am a bit surprised, my kit has 50,000 miles and 4 years on it I did have a small leak intially, I just used some pink plumbers tape. problem solvered. I guessing a handy fellow like yourself would have tried that, or it is not leaking from the thread but between the nut and the hose.
a mate also solved his leak the same way
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
03-11-2014, 10:12 AM,
@Maustarman - if the fittings are leaking themselves or if they're leaking between the fitting and the line try a heavy equipment repair shop - they should have the equipment to fabricate lines that will stand up to petroleum products and much higher pressures than you'll ever see in an engine oil system. If they don't have the equipment in house to fabricate hydraulic lines they can point you to the hydraulic shop that makes them for them.

John
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
03-11-2014, 11:29 AM,
yep as @jmck stated if leaking from the threads go get that inexpensive white tape that we put on threads stateside to seal it up good, usually used on plumbing but see no reason why not on that too.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

03-11-2014, 01:28 PM,
I was thinking about put the relocation kit on my bike too...But after a few oil changes now, removing the pipes is so simple, it's not worth the money for me to buy the kit...It sucks that your'e having this much trouble with your kit...Hope it all works out in the end....Bryan
03-11-2014, 01:34 PM,
well couple advantages to the kit, 1 no removal of the pipes, 2 much better filter and many options available for it, with factory or stock you are very limited on filters.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.

03-11-2014, 03:34 PM,
Hi there
Well unfortunately it isn't leaking from the threads it is from the fittings and if you check out all the complains online..all of them claim to have leaky fittings...at that point your only option is to replace.
Now, I know that there are better options for filters and it's much faster to change your oil etc... But by know I'm out $500 in 3 years ...that doesn't make any sense.
They have had this problem since the very beginning and one would had hope they fixed by now but it seems like selling the replacement lines is a huge part of their profit so that ain't going to happen :(
03-11-2014, 04:24 PM,
dang brother, i would be hounding Baron's customer service, heck with paying and paying, hello bought and it is defective, replace for free people, will contact BBB, etc filing complaints!
believe Jardine makes a bypass kit too, gonna have to check mine now that you got this going, thought needed to replace those cylinder gaskets as only did 1, could be a line leaking too, crap!

03-11-2014, 09:06 PM,
(03-11-2014, 01:28 PM)HBcruiser Wrote: I was thinking about put the relocation kit on my bike too...But after a few oil changes now, removing the pipes is so simple, it's not worth the money for me to buy the kit...It sucks that your'e having this much trouble with your kit...Hope it all works out in the end....Bryan

If not for my cobra exhaust, i wouldnt have gotten one myself, but with the one piece heat shields and the not wanting to scratch things...only problem i have is that it goes right where cobra wants me to relocate my master cylinder to...had to get creative
'07 Double One Hundred Custom Black Cherry w/Ghost flames
Cobra Speedster Slashdown pipes
Barons ORK
Disabled AIS
Cobra Carb Needles
Every cage is trying to kill you so always remember, Grip it and Rip it!!!

03-11-2014, 10:26 PM,
I agree with the fact the relocation kit gives you many more options on filters. I was locked on putting it on my bike too. I was only trying to ease the stress of him having to back to the stock configuration. Oil changes really aren't that bad. Wish you the best of luck and it totally sucks that Baron isn't helping you fix the problem. Note to self on that one.
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM,
Pictures? I did hydraulics in the USAF and am well experienced making lines and fixing leaks. Leaking from fittings sounds like over-torque or vibration issues. I well prefer steel braided Teflon over standard lines. Looks nicer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-28-2015, 12:52 PM,
@Marty8613 here is a link to his replacement line that he finally got.

http://www.vstarforum.com/attachment.php?aid=2226

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  950 Air filter Replace Ohiwish 0 242 05-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Ohiwish