Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
08-22-2014, 12:05 AM,
Center stand
I keep seeing these...I'll call them idiots, who insist on parking their motorcycles upright on the maintenance stands. Do they not realize how easy it would be for Joe Blow Asshole to accidentally knock the bike forward thereby assisting it in its never ending mission to come crashing to the ground?!?!? Also do they not realize what the stand was designed for? Im not talking about adventure bikes which I am lead to believe some are made with only this stand...
'07 Double One Hundred Custom Black Cherry w/Ghost flames
Cobra Speedster Slashdown pipes
Barons ORK
Disabled AIS
Cobra Carb Needles
Every cage is trying to kill you so always remember, Grip it and Rip it!!!

08-22-2014, 03:05 AM,
RE: Center stand
There are times I wish mine had the maintenance/center stand.

08-22-2014, 04:41 PM,
my k1000 only had that stand, believe a lot of rockets only have that also, well ones that used to park where i used to work.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

08-22-2014, 06:18 PM,
Hmmm, most of the bikes I've seen with center stands take a pretty good push to get them over the cam on the stand...
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
08-22-2014, 10:54 PM,
the old 500 shadow didnt take much, hell i almost dropped her getting off after putting her on it. Do wish this one had one though would have made a few of the things ive done easier
'07 Double One Hundred Custom Black Cherry w/Ghost flames
Cobra Speedster Slashdown pipes
Barons ORK
Disabled AIS
Cobra Carb Needles
Every cage is trying to kill you so always remember, Grip it and Rip it!!!

08-22-2014, 11:48 PM,
Center stand
I wish the 950 had one. changing the oil was a pain in the aaaass

Kimberly
2007 RoadStar [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]
08-24-2014, 09:10 PM,
(08-22-2014, 12:05 AM)ET_Geckoe Wrote: I keep seeing these...I'll call them idiots, who insist on parking their motorcycles upright on the maintenance stands. Do they not realize how easy it would be for Joe Blow Asshole to accidentally knock the bike forward thereby assisting it in its never ending mission to come crashing to the ground?!?!? Also do they not realize what the stand was designed for? Im not talking about adventure bikes which I am lead to believe some are made with only this stand...

I notice that you said in your signature that you have disabled your AIS. May I ask? did you just do the black house re-route or did you actually remove the pipes?
I'm asking because I did the tube re-route method and i'm popping louder (but less frequent) as before I did the mod. I thought that this was supposed to stop it all together?
2006 v star 1100 Silverado
K&N Filter, Cobra Exhaust, Oil Filter relocation kit
01-17-2017, 04:05 AM,
Some of us "idiots" have wives with disabilities and have to have special help getting onto the passenger seat and staying stable until I can mount the bike, start it and get it ready to roll. I'd like to find something that I can bolt on to do the trick. I've tried putting 3" of wood under the kickstand of my 1300 deluxe and it gets it almost vertical but still safe from tipping. The problem is I'm afraid I won't be able to safely deploy the block (with handle) when I get to the parking lot at Clingman's Dome. Or my wife will drop it trying to get it out of the bag. An attached center stand would be great.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kick stand switch. Ken-S 2 919 12-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Matt