Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 03:21 AM,
Colo.Springs area
I am the former treasurer/secretary for the now folded Pikes Peak #220 chapter of STAR here in Colo.Springs. Only been a member since 2011, but got voted in as one of the officers in 2012 due to the current treasurer/secretary couldnt do it anymore due to a new job. As of last year, #220 is closed due to reasons I wont mention here, but I am still interested in having this chapter continue.

If any in the area are interested in restarting the chapter, let me know.

If any dont know about or what STAR is, you can read about it on http://startouring.org/.

But in short, Star Touring And Riding (STAR) is a family based organization built around the Star bikes. We have men, woman, first responders, vets, kids, and pets as members...YES, even pets! We dont even care what you ride, as long as you ride. In my former chapter, we had members that rode Harleys, Spyders, Victorys, and Hondas. We dont bar hop. Safety is our main rule to have a good time while riding. The normal tradition my old chapter had was pick a spot for lunch, plan a ride around it, and end the day with ice cream, usually at a Dairy Queen. Time for drinking when you get home. Every Year in the mid of July, we hold a bike rally, like a mini Sturgis, just for members of STAR. Every year its held in a different state. This year, it happens to be here in Colorado in Longmont. Runs from July 20 to July 24. Last year was Hershey, PA, year before was Reno, NV.

Sorry, rambling now, lol. So anyways, again, if any are interested, let me know. And if youve been putting off on becoming a STAR member, my understanding is there is a free 6 month membership as a trial before you decide to be a full fledged member. I can double check on that.
02-13-2015, 12:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 12:18 AM by Kimsnot.)
Colo.Springs area
@Twizzler. they changed it to a 5 month but with the 3 ride before you join that's 8 months free. if you log onto the STAR website you can down load the form or let me know and I can send it to you[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Good luck. I have a couple from my chapter that are moving to Colorado they are founding members of my chapter. I'll see where they are headed if it's your direction I'll let you know.
02-13-2015, 02:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 02:31 AM by Twizzler.)
RE: Colo.Springs area
@Kimshot Thanks. I thought it was 6 months without the 3 rides. And last I remembered, the 3 rides is somewhat optional. You can join without the 3 rides, I joined before I even had my bike. But without membership with a chapter, THEN you have to be a member after 3 rides with the chapter to continue riding with them. But starting a new chapter, I dont see the need for a ride min/max before you join if there is no actual chapter. Been talking to our state rep about info on what needs to be done to get it started again.

I do love riding solo, go where I want, stop when I want, but it is boring when at a stop and your the only one there. That would be grate if they are in the Colo.Springs area. I tried contacting the peeps in Falcon when I heard thier chapter folded to see if they wanted to join us, but got no response from anyone.

Thats what out of state road trips are for. On my way to Chicago in 2013, my 2nd day I finally had some back wind, so was making good time, decided to take a side trip. Rode the White Pole Road. Has the site of the first train robbery site in the west done by Jesse James and the James gang, seen the bank robbery site of Bonnie and Clyde, found thier camp site where they had a shoot out with the police, a field where they held plowing matches in the 40s. Rode some of Route 66 on the way home, all of Illinois, as soon as I hit Missouri, i just went right to Colo.Springs.
02-13-2015, 02:41 PM,
(02-12-2015, 03:21 AM)Twizzler Wrote: I am the former treasurer/secretary for the now folded Pikes Peak #220 chapter of STAR here in Colo.Springs. Only been a member since 2011, but got voted in as one of the officers in 2012 due to the current treasurer/secretary couldnt do it anymore due to a new job. As of last year, #220 is closed due to reasons I wont mention here, but I am still interested in having this chapter continue.

If any in the area are interested in restarting the chapter, let me know.

If any dont know about or what STAR is, you can read about it on http://startouring.org/.

But in short, Star Touring And Riding (STAR) is a family based organization built around the Star bikes. We have men, woman, first responders, vets, kids, and pets as members...YES, even pets! We dont even care what you ride, as long as you ride. In my former chapter, we had members that rode Harleys, Spyders, Victorys, and Hondas. We dont bar hop. Safety is our main rule to have a good time while riding. The normal tradition my old chapter had was pick a spot for lunch, plan a ride around it, and end the day with ice cream, usually at a Dairy Queen. Time for drinking when you get home. Every Year in the mid of July, we hold a bike rally, like a mini Sturgis, just for members of STAR. Every year its held in a different state. This year, it happens to be here in Colorado in Longmont. Runs from July 20 to July 24. Last year was Hershey, PA, year before was Reno, NV.

Sorry, rambling now, lol. So anyways, again, if any are interested, let me know. And if youve been putting off on becoming a STAR member, my understanding is there is a free 6 month membership as a trial before you decide to be a full fledged member. I can double check on that.
Good info, thanks for the post and hope you get that chapter back up and running.
Shy Bert
02-13-2015, 06:33 PM,
Colo.Springs area
@Twizzler have you thought about talking with local dealer about putting handlebar tags on promoting the fact that if you buy a NEW 950 or bigger Star bike you get a free 1 year STAR membership. that might help get those new owners interested in joining a chapter.
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015, 10:48 PM by Twizzler.)
Yeah, they said they tell the customer about it instead of putting tags on. All i can do is hope that they are telling people about it.

@Old Man Thanks, ive been trying for about a year now. I get a few interested, but they find other clubs that are already going.
02-13-2015, 10:51 PM,
Colo.Springs area
lol guess I could ride out once a month and join you for a ride. one day to get there one day riding one day to get home. talk about racking up the miles. that would make my current 1500-2000 monthly look like nothing.
02-13-2015, 10:54 PM,
LOL. If I really need to, I can always ride with the Denver chapters, 70-75 mile ride to get there.
02-13-2015, 11:02 PM,
Colo.Springs area
ahh take away my fun[WINKING FACE]
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DFW Area? OldePhart 5 1,376 10-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Marty8613
  San Antonio Texas area hazegray 0 384 07-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Last Post: hazegray