Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
02-23-2015, 07:56 PM,
Need Help identifying if this seat will fit
I have a 2007 1100 Silverado and found this new Mustang seat being sold online. He said he bought it for his 2001 Vstar1100 but never used it. My question is whether it will fit. I think it should regardless of whether his was a custom, silverado or classic. Is that right? I attached a pic, bad quality, but you can see it is a cruiser seat. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-23-2015, 10:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015, 10:03 PM by OldePhart.)
RE: Need Help identifying if this seat will fit
Nope, it matters. The seats mount differently on the Custom and the Classic/Silverado (a Classic seat should fit Silverado and vice versa, but the Custom is a different animal).

Just visit the Mustang site and you will see that they sell different seats for the Custom and the Classic.
===========================
2011 V-Star 650 Custom (new in fall 2013)
V&H Cruzer Pipes, Memphis Shades Bat Wing, Floorboards, Highway Bars,
Locking Bags, Tail Rack, LED Signals & Aux Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator,
Brake Light Modulator, 5/8" Gel Pad Under Upholstery.
02-24-2015, 10:09 AM,
yep @txanthony am with @OldePhart the Custom is totally different but this seat if it was for a Silverado should work on your Classic though as the Classic and Silverado are pretty much the same just the Silverado has some extra window dressings.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

02-24-2015, 12:10 PM,
Well, I already ordered it so we'll see which one it is. If it is the Custom, I will be listing it on here. It is a brand new seat, so I should be able to unload it. Sad
02-24-2015, 12:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015, 12:20 PM by Keith.)
@txanthony hmmm, wished could enlarge the pic, also on the under side and on the leather usually stamped Mustang, the passenger seat looks like a factory seat not a Mustang, I have Mustang on my Classic now, will see if can find a pic. here is link to Mustang, could be wrong but do not believe those are Mustang. mine are older and still look like the ones on the webpage from Mustang.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.

02-24-2015, 06:09 PM,
i think its a custom seat. only cause the passenger seat in the pic is long. the custom's passenger seat is longer than the classic's.

if it doesnt work out for you i may want to buy the riders seat off you
LoLrcycle rider Cool
02-24-2015, 06:29 PM,
both look like factory custom seats in comparison with Mustang.

02-24-2015, 07:58 PM,
I think it might be the "smooth" model of the Mustang seat. The only reason I say that is that the bucket shape seems deeper with a sharper angle at the back than a factory seat (though I agree with the thoughts that it looks like a seat for a Custom).
02-24-2015, 08:05 PM,
Unless it has a tag that says mustang.
I'll put my money on those being stock custom seats.
03-02-2015, 05:26 PM,
Well it does not fit my Silverado, it is too short. I do not think it is a stock seat because the material is textured with a very small checkerboard design. I cannot believe if this was a mustang seat, it would not say it somewhere on it. The underneath looks exactly like my stock seat. It does appear to be nearly new and is in good shape. I think I'll just sell it, I just need to know which bike it will fit so I don't sell it to someone who cant use it. It locks in place but even if I attached the bracket to the seat, the bolt hole is too far back to secure it. Don't know what to do.
Huh
03-02-2015, 05:30 PM,
(03-02-2015, 05:26 PM)txanthony Wrote: Well it does not fit my Silverado, it is too short. I do not think it is a stock seat because the material is textured with a very small checkerboard design. I cannot believe if this was a mustang seat, it would not say it somewhere on it. The underneath looks exactly like my stock seat. It does appear to be nearly new and is in good shape. I think I'll just sell it, I just need to know which bike it will fit so I don't sell it to someone who cant use it. It locks in place but even if I attached the bracket to the seat, the bolt hole is too far back to secure it. Don't know what to do.
Huh

A Vstar Custom seat (stock or Not) will not fit Vstar Classic or Vstar Silverado only the Vstar Custom.
The Vstar Classic and the Silverado Do have interchangeable seats
03-02-2015, 06:24 PM,
yeah @txanthony, sorry but that is not Mustang, look at the link for both the Classic and Custom, Mustang seats are more rounded including the passenger, both look like factory to me, sure hope guy that sold it to ya was told they were and not just dumping them on ya.

if paid paypal or through ebay contact the seller and make them take it back! but only communicate through ebay, etc so it is all documented.

03-02-2015, 08:48 PM,
Yeah...if it's the "tiny checkerboard" pattern then that's a dead giveaway it's a stock Custom seat...If you look closely at the underside and pull back an edge you will see that it's not leather at all, just vinyl with sort of a canvas backing.
03-03-2015, 02:37 PM,
After looking online, it is a Custom OEM seat for a 2001. It is in good shape and I only paid $130 for doth seats. Is anyone on here interested? If not, I am going after the guy I bought it from. I did use Paypal, so maybe.
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM,
Well, here are the pics of the seat. I am going to try and sell it. Could anyone tell me from these pics that it is for a Custom for sure and if this is a Stock seat for sure? I figure if it is an OEM seat, it should be worth around $130 for both. Does that sound fair? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help identifying these lights please Rich2211 1 485 01-14-2018, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Rich2211
  Need help identifying wire. Razorbaq 1 857 10-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Razorbaq
  Saw this seat on a Bobber forum Dreamweaver 7 4,482 03-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Maustarman
  Poor Man's Bobber Seat Cambo 13 9,298 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Cambo
  Help identifying brand of pipes... Dlucky07vstar1100 9 3,423 05-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Dlucky07vstar1100