Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 11:26 AM,
Will a Mustang seat drop me down and back?
Hello. I'm hoping to get some feedback from Mustang seat owners. I'm looking at the Mustang vintage wide solo seat. I do want a deeper bucket, and would prefer it drop me down and back. I thought it would do this, but I just now read some reviews saying it pushes you forward. I don't want to lose any leg room.

I would be mounting in my v star 950.
Thanks for any feed back!!
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM,
All reviews I read that it pushes you forward. I just sent mine off to more foam added and some adjustment. Won't be back for a few weeks but I'll give a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-09-2016, 07:10 PM,
RE: Will a Mustang seat drop me down and back?
(03-09-2016, 06:09 PM)swish24 Wrote: All reviews I read that it pushes you forward. I just sent mine off to more foam added and some adjustment. Won't be back for a few weeks but I'll give a review.

Is that your stock seat you sent off or a Mustang?

I'm looking at this company called Pacific Coast star. It looks like the just redo stick seats for $125 or so. Cuz they say if you like it, send us your stock seat. But you can try it out for a week.
03-09-2016, 08:19 PM,
had mustang on my 1100 front and back, was a little lower and back from stock seat, had corbin before it, corbin has less padding so puts you even a bit lower but at sacrifice of comfort, well comfort for bit older bit bigger guy, guy I sold corbin to was younger and smaller seemed pleased with it. PCS does a lot of stuff for Star models.
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

03-09-2016, 09:26 PM,
(03-09-2016, 07:10 PM)YamaMassGirl Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 06:09 PM)swish24 Wrote: All reviews I read that it pushes you forward. I just sent mine off to more foam added and some adjustment. Won't be back for a few weeks but I'll give a review.

Is that your stock seat you sent off or a Mustang?

I'm looking at this company called Pacific Coast star. It looks like the just redo stick seats for $125 or so. Cuz they say if you like it, send us your stock seat. But you can try it out for a week.

Mine is stock. If you look up pillow top seats they do about the same, but instead you buy one of there stock seats and they re do it and send it to you. Then you send your seat in to them, this way you are never without a seat.

03-09-2016, 10:02 PM,
(03-09-2016, 08:19 PM)Keith Wrote: had mustang on my 1100 front and back, was a little lower and back from stock seat, had corbin before it, corbin has less padding so puts you even a bit lower but at sacrifice of comfort, well comfort for bit older bit bigger guy, guy I sold corbin to was younger and smaller seemed pleased with it. PCS does a lot of stuff for Star models.
Thanks Keith. That's what I thought, but probably also depends on the butt, the bike, and the rider?

The deep bucket shape on the Mustang appeals to me.

There is a Youtube video of someone with a red v star 950 that has the solo seat with backrest, with passenger seat removed. I have to say I like the way it looks with the fender bib. (Except no studs for me.)

I think a backrest would be a welcome expense. Especially if I do some long trips this year.
03-10-2016, 09:10 PM,
for me the back seat was like a bit of a back rest just not higher but could lean back and feel the support of it (I had risers with that let me go back more comfortably).
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.

03-10-2016, 09:19 PM,
(03-10-2016, 09:10 PM)Keith Wrote: for me the back seat was like a bit of a back rest just not higher but could lean back and feel the support of it (I had risers with that let me go back more comfortably).
Just like a lazy boy recliner? Hehe. Sounds pretty cool. I may have to splurge on a seat. Can't figure out what to spend next money on. Either seat or Baron big air intake. Stock exhaust sounds suffocated.
03-10-2016, 10:18 PM,
(03-10-2016, 09:19 PM)YamaMassGirl Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 09:10 PM)Keith Wrote: for me the back seat was like a bit of a back rest just not higher but could lean back and feel the support of it (I had risers with that let me go back more comfortably).
Just like a lazy boy recliner? Hehe. Sounds pretty cool. I may have to splurge on a seat. Can't figure out what to spend next money on. Either seat or Baron big air intake. Stock exhaust sounds suffocated.

I always have same problem on what to buy next. It's best to work on ride comfort first then the rest. What good is a air kit or pipes if you can't ride far cause it hurts. This is my 2 cents and please only take as a helpful hand.

03-10-2016, 10:47 PM,
well search the net on exhaust mods am sure there is one for yours as there are one for pretty much all to let them exhale! everything from just a long drill bit being drilled through 5-8 spots to removing the baffles.

03-15-2016, 11:07 PM,
I went ahead and ordered a seat from pacificcoaststar.com. It seemed like a win/win situation, where I can try it out for a couple weeks, (think send back within 30 days). I will have to send my stock seat to them to get the price of $150. But hey, that's a cheap price for more comfort. Plus I like the idea that it stays with the stock fitment. I won't have to remove my passenger seat. (Which I have now strapped my Nelson sport-touring tail bag to.)
05-12-2016, 03:35 PM,
It has taken two months, but they did message me back and told me my seat would be shipped out tomorrow. I will let you know what I think of it when I get it. I hope it was worth the wait.
05-12-2016, 07:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 07:24 PM by pauli466.)
(05-12-2016, 03:35 PM)YamaMassGirl Wrote: It has taken two months, but they did message me back and told me my seat would be shipped out tomorrow. I will let you know what I think of it when I get it. I hope it was worth the wait.
just in time for the good weather and longer rides. agawam fish and game has a ride for the shriner kids,then good food at club after the ride 20.00 this sunday
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
05-12-2016, 08:34 PM,
(05-12-2016, 07:19 PM)pauli466 Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 03:35 PM)YamaMassGirl Wrote: It has taken two months, but they did message me back and told me my seat would be shipped out tomorrow. I will let you know what I think of it when I get it. I hope it was worth the wait.
just in time for the good weather and longer rides. agawam fish and game has a ride for the shriner kids,then good food at club after the ride 20.00 this sunday
I've got bike related plans all weekend. But where is that? Last year I was a loner. This year I am trying to socialize and find charities!
05-13-2016, 09:40 AM,
(05-12-2016, 08:34 PM)YamaMassGirl Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 07:19 PM)pauli466 Wrote:
I've got bike related plans all weekend. But where is that? Last year I was a loner. This year I am trying to socialize and find charities!
agawam is just over the ct state line in mass its where the 6 flags amusement park is. used to be called riverside park they had a track back in the day. i used to watch the demolition derby while drinking the german beer they had on tap. after it got renamed i never bother with it anymore because it got too commercialized.
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mustang seat ryno1974 3 1,005 07-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Bluerider3
  Need to buy back rest+ Laguage rack for 2012 vstar250 citi 2 534 06-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Last Post: csonni