Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
03-23-2016, 09:34 PM,
Aftermarket exhaust recommendations?
Hi everybody!
I just joined the forum. I live in Southern Maine. I am a Vstar newbie. I currently own several other bikes but this us my first Yamma. Just purchased an 08 Silverado in mint condition. It is beautiful and I love it! I am contemplating a few summer upgrades including whitewalls, oil filter relocation, possibly a hypercharger and definitely some new pipes. To me the stock pipes sound too thin and tinny. I do not care about super loud but I definitely want a deep, low rumble. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-07-2016, 08:22 PM,
RE: Aftermarket exhaust recommendations?
(03-23-2016, 09:34 PM)Yamahopper Wrote: Hi everybody!
I just joined the forum. I live in Southern Maine. I am a Vstar newbie. I currently own several other bikes but this us my first Yamma. Just purchased an 08 Silverado in mint condition. It is beautiful and I love it! I am contemplating a few summer upgrades including whitewalls, oil filter relocation, possibly a hypercharger and definitely some new pipes. To me the stock pipes sound too thin and tinny. I do not care about super loud but I definitely want a deep, low rumble. What do you recommend? Thanks!

I just modified mine...stock exhaust https://youtu.be/zixg6kxL4OA
04-07-2016, 09:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 09:19 PM by Yamahopper.)
Aftermarket exhaust recommendations?
Very cool. So what did you do? Did you need to rejet carbs?

Oops! Never mind, I just saw your explanation. Thanks!

04-07-2016, 10:04 PM,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixg6kxL4OA

Mine with complete baffle removed...no rejett
05-05-2016, 04:03 PM,
(03-23-2016, 09:34 PM)Yamahopper Wrote: Hi everybody!

Cobra power pro 2 into 1...pod intake...rejet. Is what I have. LOVE the sound of the pipes, not too loud, but a nice low to midrange rumble...and the performance impact of this setup, will put a big smile on your face!Biggrin
08-03-2016, 11:09 PM,
Hello from NH. I have Vance and Hines pipes (they came with the bike) and I am very pleased with them. You will have to re-jet the carbs if you change to something other than stock. Just factor that in. How are you liking the Vstar so far?
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aftermarket Electrical Part vstarcowboy 6 1,289 02-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: vstarcowboy
  Aftermarket grips? B2LL2F 5 1,068 01-23-2015, 05:02 AM
Last Post: pablotech1