Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 08:52 AM,
Rear stand for V-Star 250
Hi -- new to the forum; I couldn't find this in another post, so I hope it hasn't already been covered.

I've got a 2009 V-Star 250. I'd like to be able to lift the rear wheel easily, mainly to do chain lube and cleaning without the hassle of having to move the bike forward in steps. Is anyone aware of a rear stand that works on these bikes? Or, if not, what do you use to lift the bike to do chain lube and other work?

Thanks,
Stewart
08-05-2016, 06:24 PM,
Rear stand for V-Star 250
This from harbor fright will work. Or look up motorcycle swing arm stands http://m.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-sw...65620.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-06-2016, 08:10 AM,
RE: Rear stand for V-Star 250
Thanks, swish24! Looks like just the ticket, and a great price, too. I will give it a go.
09-28-2016, 01:15 PM,
RE: Rear stand for V-Star 250
(08-05-2016, 06:24 PM)swish24 Wrote: This from harbor fright will work. Or look up motorcycle swing arm stands http://m.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-sw...65620.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A quick add-on here: This was a great suggestion, but doesn't work well for this particular bike. Long story short, it won't fit forward of the axle on the swing arm because the exhaust pipes interfere with it. Rear of the axle, the sprocket bolts can't get past the inner lip of the paddle when the bike's up on the stand, so the wheel can't turn. I got past this -- sort of -- by removing the plastic anti-scratch stuff around the paddle and taking it down to bare metal, but it's still a very tight fit. May try to file the (now bare-metal) lip a bit thinner to clear a bit more space.

Thanks again for a great suggestion; just wanted to add this bit of intel for those who might be looking!
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stand? Chock? WarBear 2 671 05-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Elk