Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-03-2016, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 10:27 PM by bfrench.)
eBay tachometer
Anybody ever buy one of these and use it - get it to work????

I'm aware of what you get for a cheap price but what the hhaayy - it's only 10 bucks.
Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-LED-D...r#shpCntId
09-03-2016, 10:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-03-2016, 10:48 PM by pauli466.)
RE: eBay tachometer
(09-03-2016, 10:04 PM)bfrench Wrote: Anybody ever buy one of these and use it - get it to work????

I'm aware of what you get for a cheap price but what the hhaayy - it's only 10 bucks.
Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-LED-D...r#shpCntId
i would think that being digital it would be kinda sluggish,it might be accurate but most inexpensive tacs, even ones with a sweep dial are slow to register and return. most bikes are duel fire, the coil fires on compression and exhaust strokes, sometimes called a waste spark. there's a little gizmo you'll need to put a tac on those systems or it won't read correctly. what my 650 could really use is an oil pressure gauge, and i figured out to do it, an actual pressure gauge not an oil (TEMP) gauge a real pressure gauge. it took quite some time to figure out how to do it, and it turned out to be very simple. and it's mechanical not electrical so it's very accurate
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
09-04-2016, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016, 12:08 AM by bfrench.)
RE: eBay tachometer
(09-03-2016, 10:37 PM)pauli466 Wrote: . what my 650 could really use is an oil pressure gauge, and i figured out to do it, an actual pressure gauge not an oil (TEMP) gauge a real pressure gauge. it took quite some time to figure out how to do it, and it turned out to be very simple. and it's mechanical not electrical so it's very accurate

Thanks, Paul,
Care to fill us in on the pressure gauge????
I should say that the tach would be for a reference to speed at cruise rather than a guide to shifting - I'm a believer that the eyes should be on the road especially when shifting - the ears probably do a better job there.
I'm planning to change the gear ratio from 16 / 45 to 17 / 40 and would like to have data for rpm and speed before and after - having that completed, the tach would probably be just another unneeded pound or or so.
Starting out on a new adventure at age 70 is just amazing - it'll give me a chance to put all that stray data I've accumulated over the years in my befuddled head to a new use - new people too - man, life can be the greatest.