Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 11:19 AM,
My Bike is possed!!!
Okay so there are no gouls or goblins, just a really bad car issue with the Classic. It all started about 2 years ago when i had a no start problem. Being the noob that i was. i immediately tore the carb off and inspected it, after checking fuel and spark of course. To no avail the problem persisted, i couldn't even get it to start. Then i decided to try things with the gas cap off. walla, the bike turned on but would not stay on. After some self-reflection, and meditation i figured that i had messd the carb up with all my tinkering, trying to fix what turned out to be a clogged rollover valve. Not 2 months ago i got the carb adjusted to where i could ride the bad boy around the block, further riding was not possible as i still had to fix the clogged breaks that kept me from using the front breaks. Cleaned the master cylinder and got evrything ready to ride, but then NO START. OMG so now where im at is that the bike is continually getting flooded.... I take the sparkies out and they are drenched in fuel... I clean then dry them and in they go, bike starts up but immediately shuts off. With the top of the carb exposed, there is a stream of fuel that shoots out from the brim of the venturi, about 6 inches high, and i can see fuel slowly dripping from the piston valve... From what i recall, the fuel pump is supposed to pump fuel so that there is pressure in the line... but it just keeps pumping for about 6 seconds each time i turn over the engine. Before i would turn the key and it would do it for 3 seconds the fist time and hardly any the second time. so i suspect.... idk i should probably stop suspecting.... im no good at it. But maybe someone here can help. I have lots of tools, lot of experience on cars, carbs and i got in a fight along time ago so that's why we aren't getting along. thanks for the help.
11-05-2016, 06:02 AM,
RE: My Bike is possed!!!
So sad story.
11-05-2016, 05:18 PM,
RE: My Bike is possed!!!
sounds like a job for @maustarman!
2006 VStar Stratoliner, Freedom Performance split dual exhaust, Mustang seats, Sissy bar with back rack, bolted saddlebags to mounts.
Life's tough .. it's even tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

11-05-2016, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016, 07:02 PM by Maustarman.)
My Bike is possed!!!
Wow [FLUSHED FACE]
Sorry you are having all that trouble...
With carbs I've learn the hard way that is best to step back take deep breath/have a beer or glass of wine and get back to it later on :)
Have you synchronized the carbs ?
If you haven it might be that with all the tinkering they have come off synch quite a bit.
Although I doubt that's all.
It seems you have an idea of what you are doing but just to double check make sure that those carbs are REALLY clean..take them apart use some carb cleaner and pressurized air and make sure all ports are good and clean.
If they are over flooding check the floaters settings.
Here is a great source of everything vstar put together my Mick.
https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100k...rb-jetting

Also, what year is your bike ?