Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-26-2016, 01:31 PM,
Neutral lite always on
After troubleshooting a no start condition and replacing the starter which was worn out,,, I now have the neutral lite staying on thru shifting gears and cant reset the odometer...could this have happened when diagnosing the no start condition? I had a charger(hi power one) connected to battery while trying to start bike...
11-29-2016, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 12:30 PM by pauli466.)
RE: Neutral lite always on
(11-26-2016, 01:31 PM)barefoot Wrote: After troubleshooting a no start condition and replacing the starter which was worn out,,, I now have the neutral lite staying on thru shifting gears and cant reset the odometer...could this have happened when diagnosing the no start condition? I had a charger(hi power one) connected to battery while trying to start bike...
under the left (fake) tranny cover there is white 3 eared switch mounted with torx screws (6 point) this is the neutral switch, for the switch to turn the neutral light on it will ground the single wire on it, so either the switch is bad or the wire to it is chafed and grounding to the frame or another wire, put the clip of a test light on the positive battery post and probe the neutral wire, when in neutral it should light when in gear it should go out, what that wire is actually grounding is not only the light but also the ecm and a relay, so when the ground is lost when in gear the engine wont turn over, unless you pull the clutch which bypasses the neutral switch, there's a magnet on the transmission shaft that will line up to the trigger on the switch closing it when in neutral
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  650 V star turn signals and neutral light. Southafrica74 1 47 11-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Last Post: pauli466