Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM by Mparsons0514.)
2005 V Star 1100 Silverado Transformation!!
Hey guys.... new to the forum and new to the V Star community. My journey with my V Star started a few months ago when a guy @ work asked me if I'd like a free bike because he knew I worked on hot rods a lot. I was instantly intrigued, but the bike def had some issues. He told me that the driveshaft was broken and it would be very hard to repair. I figured I would give it a shot and being the nice guy I am i didn't have the heart to just take the bike from the guy.... so i payed him a 100 bucks and went on my way! So i had a broken V Star that i later found out had a broken output shaft and a box full of parts. Myself and a buddy of mine tapped the driveshaft and repaired it with the loctite and bolt technique ( bolt only needs to supply clamping force as the sideload it handled by the interlocking spline on the shaft and yoke). Once we had it moving under its own power we began chopping and cutting this old gal up to give her a new look and a new lease on life. Cut the front fender in half and used it to create a wicked cool rear bobber fender that is welded directly to the rear swingarm. Added a custom springer seat to the mix. New handlebars. New headlight.5 Added some lowering links to the bike. Moved up to a 150 front tire. Removed all the old accessories and "fluff" and added some nice LED tail lights and HID headlight. We also bought some exhaust tips and welded in "lollipops" to give the motor the needed backpressure to go with the stripped down exhaust. Rebuilt the carbs and put her all back together! Anyways let me know what you think..... I really like how it turned out and i couldn't be happier considering i have less than 1000 dollars in the bike!

Anyways now for the bad..... Now that ive got the bike running i can tell that its not jetted quite right. We didnt make any modifications to the air box system. The only modification is open pipes with "lolipop" baffles. Per some of the information on the forums we rejetted the bike 1 step up in jet size on both the front and rear carb. Im located in Upstate SC..... was hoping someone could possibly recommend a good shop somehwere in the SC, NC, or GA area that is familiar with these bikes and might could help me get it running smoother. I've even contemplated removing the modified exhaust and putting on something from like west coast stars and using their recommended jet settings. Any advice is appreciated!

More photos of the build:

(12-06-2016, 04:21 PM)Mparsons0514 Wrote: Finished Product:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-07-2016, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 12:30 AM by pauli466.)
RE: 2005 V Star 1100 Silverado Transformation!!
(12-06-2016, 04:21 PM)Mparsons0514 Wrote: Hey guys.... new to the forum and new to the V Star community. My journey with my V Star started a few months ago when a guy @ work asked me if I'd like a free bike because he knew I worked on hot rods a lot. I was instantly intrigued, but the bike def had some issues. He told me that the driveshaft was broken and it would be very hard to repair. I figured I would give it a shot and being the nice guy I am i didn't have the heart to just take the bike from the guy.... so i payed him a 100 bucks and went on my way! So i had a broken V Star that i later found out had a broken output shaft and a box full of parts. Myself and a buddy of mine tapped the driveshaft and repaired it with the loctite and bolt technique ( bolt only needs to supply clamping force as the sideload it handled by the interlocking spline on the shaft and yoke). Once we had it moving under its own power we began chopping and cutting this old gal up to give her a new look and a new lease on life. Cut the front fender in half and used it to create a wicked cool rear bobber fender that is welded directly to the rear swingarm. Added a custom springer seat to the mix. New handlebars. New headlight.5 Added some lowering links to the bike. Moved up to a 150 front tire. Removed all the old accessories and "fluff" and added some nice LED tail lights and HID headlight. We also bought some exhaust tips and welded in "lollipops" to give the motor the needed backpressure to go with the stripped down exhaust. Rebuilt the carbs and put her all back together! Anyways let me know what you think..... I really like how it turned out and i couldn't be happier considering i have less than 1000 dollars in the bike!

Anyways now for the bad..... Now that ive got the bike running i can tell that its not jetted quite right. We didnt make any modifications to the air box system. The only modification is open pipes with "lolipop" baffles. Per some of the information on the forums we rejetted the bike 1 step up in jet size on both the front and rear carb. Im located in Upstate SC..... was hoping someone could possibly recommend a good shop somehwere in the SC, NC, or GA area that is familiar with these bikes and might could help me get it running smoother. I've even contemplated removing the modified exhaust and putting on something from like west coast stars and using their recommended jet settings. Any advice is appreciated!

More photos of the build:

(12-06-2016, 04:21 PM)Mparsons0514 Wrote: Finished Product:
nice repair on the yoke, you think it will hold under heavy load like pulling up a steep hill under a hard throttle. keep opening the pilot mix screws a little at a time until it pulls well
Lightbulb dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2005 V-Star 1100 no spark, only 1093 miles on bike RideRed0331 3 467 06-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: RideRed0331
  V-Star 1100 Highway Bar Selection jgbyers1 5 1,059 10-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: pauli466
Error Yamaha v-star 1100 heat soak flooding stantheman 6 1,811 07-15-2015, 11:02 AM
Last Post: stantheman
  2005 xvs650 carburator floats setting Dzaster 0 325 10-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Dzaster