Castrol Power1 Racing 4T Fully synthetic 5w40 - anyone used this
I have a 4 litre Castrol Power1 Racing 4T Fully synthetic 5w40 - has anyone used this or know whether it's ok to use in a V-star 1300 2007 fuel injected? Don't want to throw it away as it cost me $72.
This is the specs:
Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 5W-40 is fully synthetic 4-stroke engine oil for modern high performance sports bikes that increases engine
acceleration and power right up to max rpm.
Its Race Derived Technology based on Castrol’s racing history and testing experience ensures maximum engine performance without
sacrificing engine durability thus giving a significant benefit over other types of engine oils.
Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 5W-40’s formula employs the very latest Trizone Technology™ for 4-stroke motorcycles, so as to give optimum
protection of the engine, clutch and gears even under the most arduous riding conditions including sustained operation at high rpm.
Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 5W-40 is suitable for all modern high performance motorcycle engines where API and or JASO specifications are
recommended. It is specially approved by BMW for K1600, K1300, K1200 models, S1000 RR, G450X. It can be used in several motorcycle
gearboxes, where delivers excellent clutch performance.
- Ultimate performance in extreme riding
– oil flows fast and stays strong, reducing internal engine friction
- Tested and proven to deliver exceptional acceleration at the touch of the throttle
- Fully synthetic 4-stroke motorcycle engine oil featuring Trizone Technology™
- Race Derived Technology for max engine acceleration.
- Extreme high temperature air-cooled and water-cooled engine performance.
- Excellent high speed oil consumption control and volatility.
- Excellent shear stability to prevent viscosity break down.
- Complies with requirements of catalyst equipped engines.
Location: Queensland Australia
Joined: Aug 2012
RE: Castrol Power1 Racing 4T Fully synthetic 5w40 - anyone used this
Motul 4T 10W50
Technosynthese® 4-Stroke lubricant – Ester technology - Improved shear resistance. Smooth shifting. High temperature resistance. Meets JASO MA2 specifications for optimal wet clutch performance. Suitable for catalytic converters
I have used this for 100,000 ks plus just today I changed my oil after 30,000 kms , very slack, I know, but there you go.