Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM by Matt.)
Best V Star modifications
I thought this would be an interesting discussion to start. What would you say, and you can pick your top 3, (but please rank them) modifications to your V Star have been. Anything is fair game. Windshields, exhausts, air filters, seats, anything. So, let's have it. Please list your reason and why. Also, please check out the Worst V Star modifications thread here.

A good example:

1) Cobra Exhaust: love the sound, extra power, like the looks.
2)
3)

Thanks,

Matt
10-07-2012, 11:17 PM,
RE: Best V Star modifications
My best mods hu? I've sat here and thought about this for a while now and I must admit it's hard to say which 3 are the best i've done to my bike and what makes them the best, but I think i've come to a conclusion on the top three.

1)The top mod, in my opinion, are my Lindby hwy bars. Before I got them and I would take a long trip my legs would begin to cramp from staying in the same position for so long. With the Lindby hwy bars I can move my feet and legs from the bars to the floorboards or vise versa when my legs begin to cramp from sitting too long in the same position.

2)A really cheap mod, the Vista universal throttle lock/cruise control. Pretty much the same reason I have the hwy bars the throttle lock makes my ride more comfortable. After riding for like 50 miles or more my right hand will begin to cramp and go numb from constantly holding the throttle to maintain speed. When my hand begins to go numb I just flip on the throttle lock and relax my right hand until it feels fine again.

3)Number three is a difficult one to say, it's down between my pipes or my bags, but i'd have to go with my pipes as the winner. Just my opinion but a cruiser just isn't a cruiser unless it has a good set of pipes, or at least slip-ons. My pipes are the Hard Krome 2.75" Big Straights which I use w/o the baffles. The sound freakin awesome, and they let the entire neighborhood know i'm coming or going Cool They look great, they sound great, and they compliment the look of the bike fantastically.
10-08-2012, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 12:04 AM by Mr RCOM.)
1. Pod filters... more air more power
2. Hi flow exaust... moves more exhaust and sounds awesome
3. New bigger jets... gotta add more fuel to supply the motor

I like speed. Lol
LoLrcycle rider Cool
10-08-2012, 08:07 AM,
1.my gps i put on this summer.i get lost easy.now i don't.
2.switchblade windshield.bike before didn't have one.what a big difference they make.
live life full throttle....2008 vstar custom.
10-09-2012, 10:15 PM,
1.paint job - obviously. while i didn't actually paint it myself, i came up with an original idea that gave it a unique Texas character and i researched a long time and worked closely with a very talented artist to pull it off
2.V&H big radius pipes - only come in chrome for the 950 so i had a local shop coat them in black ceramic. sound awesome, looks awesome, and the black helps the engine run cooler and expel gases more efficiently and keeps me from melting my jeans or skin that the chrome might have done
3. lowering kit - lower profile gives it more of a chopper feel and look. the lower center of gravity makes it feel more like sitting in the bike as opposed to on it and improves the balance and handling
Ride to work. Work to ride.
i make motorcycle videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/whitedevil2/videos
10-15-2012, 09:06 AM,
Wow, would of thought seat would have been top of the list, Corbin two up best mod hands down,
2nd on the list definitly the pro one riser and tach kit, thing killed my shoulders stock,
Would have to say the third thing was definitly installing the bags off of the 1300 on it.
The list of mods Ive done is long, but all offered improvement, But none gave it what it needed most, another gear. So decided to trade it in and buy the biggest star, stratoliner s
No regrets
10-15-2012, 10:53 AM,
Btw, you won't get in any trouble if you list more than 3. We just figured 3 is a good start, but keep 'em coming if you got em!
10-15-2012, 10:57 PM,
1) Barons Big Air Kit - More Power
2) Custom Seat - Comfort
3) Switch-blade wind shield - great on long rides
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
10-16-2012, 03:37 AM,
(10-15-2012, 10:53 AM)Matt Wrote: Btw, you won't get in any trouble if you list more than 3. We just figured 3 is a good start, but keep 'em coming if you got em!

Ok, then I have one more to add to my list.
4)my oil filter relocation kit. Makes it a breeze to change my oil and I haven't had to remove my pipes in ages thanks to the kit.
10-18-2012, 10:38 PM,
1) Baron's 4" risers
2) Baron's 800 Lb spring for the shock (really tricky and dangerous without the right tools!!)
3) Bought some steal stock to make my own lowering linkage and drilled out the holes too far apart and lowered it 2 and a 1/2". Wrong! Got it right the second time with 1 and a 1/2".
4) Removed the seat cover. Put a circular wire brush in my drill and ground off 2" of seat foam. Very carefully I might add.......it's a one shot deal. Applied liberal amounts of spray glue when I put the seat cover back on. Lots of careful heat gun time and butt cheek application.....yeah, this bike is me now!
5) Cut a 2" hole in the backside of the air box. Better performance and mileage!
6) Replaced the Dunlop D404s' after only 2,500 miles with Michilen CommanderII. 3,500 miles so far and they still look and feel like new!
Anyway, those are my improvements so far. I promise to post pics of my starter clutch rebuild when I get the money to do it.
10-18-2012, 10:54 PM,
oh yeah thanks @RichardR you reminded me, I forgot this should be number one because I used to get a real sore back be I installed
4)Pro-one 4" risers
Jmck
Two wheels moves me body and soul Cool
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM,
Wow.. This is cool!
I have a very long list but here are some...
*Baron's ORK "you don't know what heaven is until you get one of these!"
*Lowering Kit. "I'm sort of short so that helps a lot plus gives the bike a mean look"
*Kuryakyn rear turn signals bullet stylus with curved license plate and a 1938 Lincoln Saphyre taillight..Awesome look!
*Kuryakyn Super Charger & 2.75" Harkrome straight through pipes.

I could keep going but don't want to take more lines ... :) ohh uhh * Paint job done by me :)
[Image: a3abypeg.jpg][Image: tyju8u9e.jpg]
10-21-2012, 11:33 AM,
Re: Best V Star modifications
You can keep going. No need to limit things. This applies to everyone. :D
10-21-2012, 03:29 PM,
Emoticon_wink  RE: Best V Star modifications
Hi All
First real post so be gentle with me LOL
I ride a v star 1100 classic.

Mods I have done:

Pearlesent White paint job with black and charcoal grey pin striping.

Drill holes in exhaust for a better sound and breathing

K & N air filter and drilled the front of the dog bowl (Stainless mesh on inside)

Home made rider back rest

Jardines ORK

Flag pole mounting tube (Removable) will secure 6 foot flag pole.

Individual passing lamps. (Fixed on front indicators)

Hazard warning light switch.

Tank edging and both fender are wrapped with 10mm chrome edging as is the windscreen.

Polished lower fork legs. (Needs doing again)

AIS pipes turned back and vacuum pipe blocked off (will get round to removing it soon)

Bigger CCA battery fitter.

There will be others that I have forgotten about, its my age :-)
Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/groups/500081916681785/
v star 1100 classic
K & N air filter
Hazard lights
Autocoms Bike 2 Bike
DIY Rider backrest
Chrome edging on fenders screen & tank edge
Flag holder
Rear indicator flag holders
Jardine ORK
DIY Lower wind deflectors
Leather leaver covers.

10-21-2012, 07:40 PM,
Hey ken did u post a pic yet?
live life full throttle....2008 vstar custom.
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst V Star modifications Matt 55 28,311 07-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Last Post: gonzalma
  My Vstar's winter customizations/modifications Maustarman 10 4,018 06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Last Post: bevo1981